Hello from SoCal

It was my second 'gar in 2 hours, otherwise I'd have lit another. I felt like I could smoke 'em all day long. They're resting in the humi right now, and I can't wait to burn another.

Knock-offs are a crapshoot, but it seems the odds are in the buyer's favor. I've tried a few and was satisfied with the smokes, but not enough to keep buying them. One that I was a bit disappointed with got a lot better with a year's aging.

Knock-offs are a crapshoot, but it seems the odds are in the buyer's favor. I've tried a few and was satisfied with the smokes, but not enough to keep buying them. One that I was a bit disappointed with got a lot better with a year's aging.
I don't know that I'll go buying knock offs left and right now, but these I'll definitely order again; especially if they end up in a 2-fer or add a handful for free in a larger order.

welcome to the zoo so cal sailor hummmmm NAVY perhaps? I am retired Navy my self, & on a good day i can get 10 cigars in. if you like mild cheep but good smokes try the BAHIA MADURO. it is my go to smoke lately.... fits well with good scotch, coffee or beer
there are a few good guys here and we welcome all new hands enjoy, Vince

welcome to the zoo so cal sailor hummmmm NAVY perhaps? I am retired Navy my self, & on a good day i can get 10 cigars in. if you like mild cheep but good smokes try the BAHIA MADURO. it is my go to smoke lately.... fits well with good scotch, coffee or beer
there are a few good guys here and we welcome all new hands enjoy, Vince

I'm not to retirement age yet, but the years are flying. What did you do when you were in?
10 sticks a day seems like a pricey habit; you must have done well for yourself. I'm actually finding that the medium range is where my current preference lies, that Nub Connecticut was WAY too mild for me, but the Nicaraguan Cohibas seem to be right in my wheelhouse. I picked up a tin of the miniatures, and they were delicious little 25 minute smokes. I also ordered a tin of the RyJ minis, since they're half the price; if I like them, a case of the tins will be soon to follow. The ability to enjoy a good quality smoke mid day while at work will make my current job MUCH more tolerable.

I'm another who likes the Bahia line, including the Maduro and several others. Seems to be a good variety in smokes.

I'm not to retirement age yet, but the years are flying. What did you do when you were in?
10 sticks a day seems like a pricey habit; you must have done well for yourself. I'm actually finding that the medium range is where my current preference lies, that Nub Connecticut was WAY too mild for me, but the Nicaraguan Cohibas seem to be right in my wheelhouse. I picked up a tin of the miniatures, and they were delicious little 25 minute smokes. I also ordered a tin of the RyJ minis, since they're half the price; if I like them, a case of the tins will be soon to follow. The ability to enjoy a good quality smoke mid day while at work will make my current job MUCH more tolerable.

I made a lot of people happy 3 times a day , some not as happy as others , I was a chef when I got my notice to report for my Draft physical , so I enlisted that day ...... stayed as long as I could & retired , I had my own catering business & when I retired from all that , I went to work at a local radio station & talked about food on air for 2 hours a day ,,, from 10 till noon , "Cooking with Vince till Noon". did it 4 years but the politics & inter office conflicts made me leave the job ,,,, I enjoyed my time on the air & had a great time , as long as the door to the studio was closed , But when it was open & the BS came filtering in ,,,, it was time to GO .
I now Run a cigar shop,,,, King Beaver Cigars , in Monaca Pa , a small lounge with 2 walk in humidors, about $250,00 .00 in inventory,,, so 10 cigars a day , is not much of an issue, , Not that I smoke a lot of the shops cigars , I bring smokes from my personal inventory at home to the shop every day ... there are a few brands I like that we don't sell, , they just didn't move when we had them in the shop but now I am the only one who likes them, I smoke EVERYTHING from coronas to "A" sized contraband when I can get them. ....
Enjoy, Vince

Vince, I'm extremely jealous... I have about 10 years to go until retirement, and I'm starting to try and plan my move into the civilian sector. My wife really wants me to get out and buy our own business; specifically a cigar store/lounge or a bar. That's a risky proposition, though, and you need a lot of cash to build a walk in humi and stock it. Seems like the first few years would be a rough situation.