Help with a Cigar?

Joined Oct 2004
794 Posts | 0+
Hey guys, I am a new member from Battlerifles and I was wondering if you could help me with a Cigar choice? I have grown fond of the La Tradicion Vintage 1993 Robusto but, they are a little hard to come by and I would like to find a good back up in case I can't get the 1993 Vintage. Have any ides? I like the taste and the way they smoke. I am new to Cigar game so any help will go a long way. Thanks......

Look into the La Aroma De-Cuba line.
You will save a few dollars & I think find what you are looking for!

Dominican Romeo y Julieta's are very nice, and reasonable. The Exhibicion No. 4 Cabinet, Cedro Deluxe #3 & #4, the Belicoso (wonderful cigar! This is one of my favorite vitolos) all provoke grins on my ugly mug. Recently been smokin' the Ramone Allones Special Selection robustos as well. The Padilla Hybrid Cigar line is fairly new, but really quite nice. Go get some of these. I'm getting ready to have a Robusto after dinner. I have the owners email if you want to see about getting a few for the place.

Stronger smokes: La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 7 (I think...natural wrapper), just lit one up today. Really nice......

In my humble opinion, all of the Padron's are great smokes, especially the whole 1964 Anniversario line. Nice sticks.

Other Dominicans I smoke are Davidoff 2000s & 5000s (Davidoff Grand Cru No. 3 is also outstanding), just flat lov' the entire Arturo Fuente Don Carlos line, but am particularly fond of the Robusto. Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story is superb, as are all of the Hemingway sizes. Classic is also a favorite. I grabbed a bunch of Fuente Anejos at Xmas, these are very nice as well but only available on Xmas and Fathers Day.

Hope this helps.

I also just came over from Battlerifles and appreciate the links on your favorite cigars. A good cigar and a good brandy just tops off the day.

Bob K

Welcome rek41. Nice logo and stuff.

Speaking of brandy, maybe you could add some knowledge to the Spiritus Fermenti forum. Although I'm mostly a bourbon and rye guy, brandy is always a great diversion, and I'm sadly lacking in knowledge of what's out there and what's good, although a few of us had a nice discussion a while back in which some good suggestions were made.

I am a Black Jack or Makers Mark guy myself. I just happen to like Apricot & Blackberry Brandy and am not tooo picky about the brand.

Bob K