Henry Kissinger story

Joined Jan 2005
302 Posts | 0+
South Central PA
This story was told to me and I believe it.
A Harvard Law Graduate ( let's call him Bill) got a job on Kissingers staff. Kissinger had a staff of about 40 layers. One day the Chief of Staff called Bill ad stated" We are meeting Kissinger in 15 minutes." Bill started getting the sweats. Bill was 33 years old and had been praticing for over 10 years, but meeting Kissinger in person was almost more than he could handle. Promptly at !:00PM they arrived and Kissinger was behind a huge desk with only one folder marked TOP SECRET. His instructions were " Read this and write your opinion- give it to your boss-and report back in exactally one week- goodbye gentlemen"
Bill and his boss were back in one week. Bills report was on Kissingers desk. Kissinger stated" Is the best you can do young man" Bill almost shit in his pants. Bill was allowed to talk and said " Can I have more time" Kissinger replied" exactally one week from today"and handed the folder back to Bill. One week later- same thing , Kissinger- with fire in his eyes said" One week- leave"
Bill contemplated cutting his wrists but one week later they were back. The report was on Kissingers desk.
Kissinger stated again" Young man- is this the best you can
do- please talk" Bill replied " Mr. Kissinger, I've redone this report three times and it is the best I can do" Kissinger gave both a great smile and said " Good- if this is the best you can do, I'll read it.
Kissinger never read any of the reports. He just asked a guestion. If Bill had replied Yes, sir- the first time- there would be no story.
Kissinger was a genius in ways like this. I understand dealing with him was a life experience every day.
Malone
Pay attention to what a person says- not what you think they said

Great post, great story. I believe it, too. Sounds like something Henry The K would do.

If it is not true- it is still a great story. I think it is true.
Malone

And Henry The K is still growling along. You can see him on FOX(y)-News occasionally, and I'm sure elsewhere on the remote, commenting on matters of grave international import.

:sm_angel: :dunno: :bolt:

I always liked Mr. Kissinger, rarely ever see him in the news anymore. Guess I'm not watching the right news.

If you haven't seen him, you're not watching the right news. He's still around. Heard him on somebody's radio show too, if I'm not mistaken. He's definitely somewhat of a "regular" on FOX(y)-News. If you've ever seen the chicks on FOX(y)-News, and you're watching some other news, you're DEFINITELY watching the wrong news.

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :sm_angel: :bolt:

lol....I'll keep that in mind Bloof. Unfortunately I can't get network channels in my neck of the woods. If it doesn't come via satellite, I ain't watching it.

Satellite DOESN'T have FOX(y)-News?

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

That's a National Outrage, and in the immortal words of Herman Munster, they should be, . . .

"horsewhipped, thoroughly horsewhipped."

:argh: :fineprint: :fineprint: :grumble: :grumble: :dunno: :duh: :duh:

Well....I can't blame the satellite people Bloof, just something I'd have to pay extra for, and paying for television sucks ass at best. Fact of the matter is, I don't get FOX because I'm too cheap to pay for it.

Ahhh, got it. Well, when it doubt, ask the cows. They know plenty. And I know, because I've had plenty of conversations with my father's cattle, many head over many decades. Of course, looking at cows isn't as pleasant as looking at the women on FOX(y)-News, but cows will give you the news just as well.