Holly Corojo... Label

Joined Dec 2004
1K Posts | 0+
Chicago
Not sure if any of you guys have tried the new Cigar.com Corojo Label but I just finished up my 10th Robusto and I must say I think this is my favorite house blend. Full bodied and spicy and distinctly Pepin made. Pepper and leather notes with a chewy and buttery texture and long finish. Very complex and very well balanced.

I'm in the middle of a Torpedo. What a nice easy smoke. Very nice on the pallet!

Craig

Awesome smoke - Best Buy

I've got to agree, this is the best of the House Labels that I've tried, and I've had them all except for the Red Label sitting in my humidor, which I'll get around to in a few days.

Just had the Corojo Robusto last night for the first time. I've had smokes costing 3x more that I didn't enjoy as much (namely the Ashton White Label). Nice, full bodied, with a bit of a peppery finish but not overwhelming, just enough to make the tongue do a little dance. Here's my review:

Overall Appearance & Presentation: 15/20 - a bit veiny & toothy but nice oily wrapper

Lighting & Burning Properties: 12/15 - burned a bit uneven, especially between 1/2 & 3/4 the way down

Construction: 30/30 nice firm stogie w/a moderate to firm draw & lots of smoke

Taste: 33/35 - definitely more complex than any of the other House Labels that I've tried. Creamy with a fair amount of pepper and some slight earthy tones.

Total: 90 (yes, 90.. go ahead and flame me now if you must but I like what I like)

Value: 5 stars out of 5 and Best Buy

Comments: A great fullbodied smoke that is perfect after dinner, especially with a Guinness Draught :wink: A bit too fullbodied for earlier in the day when I prefer a lighter smoke such as the Blue or Purple Label or a 5 Vegas Classic. Amazing cigar for $2.50.

Proof that an Inexpensive smoke isn't the same as a Cheap smoke.

Your rating is not out of reason. I just did a vertical for an upcoming issue and gave the Churchill a 90 which was the highest rated in the line for me. However, I always assume people would think I am biased. Thanks for the great review.

MUST.......RESIST........ARGH........OUT OF STOGIES........CREDIT CARD.....BESIDE ME.......

Re: Awesome smoke - Best Buy

PuFf said:
Total: 90 (yes, 90.. go ahead and flame me now if you must but I like what I like)

PuFf:

I don't think you'll see much if any flaming here for what your prefences in cigars. To quote the famous Bloofington..."What's the best cigar? It's the one that you like!"

Nice review.

Come on Kev...
Do I have to correct you all the time..sheesh

The best cigar.........It's a FREE one.....(man, didn't BP teach you anything????....)

:banghead:

Thanks guys

I was worried I'd take a beating for this one. Glad to see we actually have some mature, friendly people here.

smoke 'em if ya got 'em

Friendly? of course.
Mature? Hmm, you haven't read the other forums yet, have you? :lol:

not sure what I was thinking....

I read what I had posted & wondered "what the heck am I doing here then?" :wink: Let's just leave it at "friendly"

And dig this.. the lady just ordered a box of the Corojo robusto for me... what a gal. She heard me raving about how good it was a few nights ago when I tried it and snuck online & ordered a box. She's the best.

On my second corojo label, taste is still outsanding, but constuction on this particular cigar is horribal. I have had to play with the wrapper since about 1/2 inch in.

I just had another last night, construction was fine. The rest of the box appears to be just as good, I didn't see any cracks, peeling wrappers, or variation in color. I'm hooked on this cigar for my after dinner smoke. Cut right through a hot mexican meal and doesn't get drowned out with a good hearty brew either. I've got 17 more to go out of this box and I'm looking forward to each one.

Hope your problems were just a fluke cmontgomery because this is a great cigar for the price. I can't stand it when a wrapper starts to come undone on me, it ruins the whole smoking experience.

Finally got my act together and got a handful of these. Excellent cigars for sure, just smoked my first and it's a first class smoke for the money. I think I may finally have found a cigar for cheap that I would smoke everyday and enjoy. Not that the Cuban label isn't good but these things are great.

My hats off to all the people that worked on this, you did well.