Honey, I'm almost home

Joined Feb 2006
37 Posts | 0+
Break open the Bombay Sapphire, fire up the grill, and get out of my way.

More than 7,500 sailors in the Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group will return home beginning Thursday after completing a six-month deployment.

They left Sept. 1 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and the global war on terrorism

It's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG time.

Well, we certainly have the Bombay Sapphire thing in common. Welcome home, sailor!!!

In my use of an old phrase, "welcome home, sailor," while I meant it with all due respect, perhaps it was a bit improper. I should have said, welcome home, Rear Admiral, and thanks again. I never did put together any one of those old WWI and WWII ship models very well, but the sight of a navy ship is still an impressive thing to me.

It is good to hear that you are coming home safely, and lets not forget those young men and women who did not, we owe them all a great debt for going into harms way for us all!

Bikeman said:
It is good to hear that you are coming home safely, and lets not forget those young men and women who did not, we owe them all a great debt for going into harms way for us all!

Here, Here!! :cheerschug:

Welcome home!! Thank you and all for everything you guys and gals in the military do each day.

Welcome Home from an old Stew Burner from the USS Holisdayburg
Enjoy, Vince

ooh rah! (am I allowed to say that to Navy guys?)

glad you're back safely :thumbsup:

That's great Steppinup. Glad y'all are coming back safe.

Thanks for what you do.

It figures Vince would have been on a ship that was always on holiday. :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh:

Bloofington said:
It figures Vince would have been on a ship that was always on holiday. :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh:

& I didnt even plan it ,Good things happen to good people , Gee I wonder why it happened to me hahahahaha

Great news, a Big welcome home to you and all your ship mates.
Thanks for all your sacrifices.
Hope you you have a great hom coming.

So happy you will make it home safe soon. I pray all of our fine young men and women make it home safe and soon! For those that will not, I only wish I could take their place. God Bless them all!