Hot time in the old town tonight

Joined Jan 2006
234 Posts | 0+
Northern California
Here we are in Northern California where we experience 5~7 weeks of Hot weather per year. I live in a place 53 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge where a trough between the mountains drives an evening coast breeze and keeps us cool. The breeze is AWOL. We are roasting. As I type I am worried about dripping on my keyboard. When I bought my house we decided against the added $3000 for the AC. Ahhh...Hindsight. Yes it's summer time and I am as happy as a viking at sea. I am not cold. I am not wearing nine layers of clothes. I am not freezing while smoking my wonderful cigars. Instead I am sitting outside drinking a cold ale and smoking my cigar while in my shorts! I just love the summer time. The women have far fewer clothes on, the days are long and the nights even longer. I do not think it's global warming! I think it's summer time! I don't think it's caused by BBQ, cars, lawn mowers, long winded talks with your wife. I think it's summer time! I don't think cow farts are the problem! I don't think it's cigar smoke that's heatin up the air! No, I think it's summer time. They say that we are setting records for high temps. The record that wasn't, that's right wasn't broken today, was set in 1915. Call me silly but that seems like a while ago. That must have been a great summer. Well, I'm a gonna finish this wonderful RP Sun Grown and ale, then pick out another. I hope you are having a terrific summer, Ol Food sure is! God Bless. 8)

Nice post. It was sweltering here for a while. Mid 90's with humidity the same. It doesn't help that I work at a restaurant where the temps are 100+ and 140+ by the oven. But that was earlier in the week.

It was in the 70's I think today and thankfully the humidity wasn't overwhelming. It was really nice actually. Then we had the worst storm I've seen in a long time. The rain was coming down in sheets with bursts of hail. Plus the rain was warm so there was also a thick fog while it rained. People of course didn't want to pick their food up, so we got a huge rush of deliveries. We were lucky no drivers got into accidents with the other people who also didn't have enough sense to stay off the roads.

I do like summer also, although in AZ we have been pretty hot as of late. In yuma we have reached 118 the last couple days. The one thing that helps me get through it is that no matter how hot it gets I never have to shovel hot out my driveway.

Sounds like a hot time in Cali, but it seems like it is that way everywhere right now. Thank goodness for air conditioning, I too am very glad we had it put in when we did.

Take care brother - winter will be here soon enough, I can guarantee it!! 8) 8)

Food, the record high of 106 for NYC, my home town was set in 1936, and whether or not the phenomenon referred to as "global warming" is responsible for the weather these days, indeed, many of the record highs are very, very old, some even dating back to the 1800's.

Having said that, I have a rant posted at HCF about how much I hate summer, so you and the rest of the folks who like it can have it. Give me a high of 35 with an 8 mph breeze out of the Northwest any day.

By the way, it's pig farts, a lot more deadly than cows. :cryinlaugh: :sm_angel: :bolt:

Bloofington said:
Give me a high of 35 with an 8 mph breeze out of the Northwest any day.

I'll drink to that. I hate the heat, and will take a 25 degree day over this 80's crap. I hate it, my dog hates it, but I don't mind Karen's summer wardrobe..... :lol:

i love winter. i moved to NE ohio when i was 18 just for the snow. the only problem is that sitting on your front porch with a fat stogie is no fun when its 3* out. ....i need to get that garage insulated soon.

Fortunately, my garage is already insulated and drywalled. The previous owner used it as a sorta rec room. I just need to set up a comfortable smoking area in the corner and get a small heater before winter.

I've been having real burn problems down here in AL. When I'm sitting out on the patio grilling and smoking a cigar, the sweat dripping off of me and onto my cigar keeps the burn very uneven.

It's typical summer weather here, hot (upper 90's), humid, and lately it's been dry. Air quality has been in the crapper too. Everything is turning brown from lack of rain.

It's hot and humid down here on the coast also.
We were fortunate and got a little rain this weekend, it had been a couple of weeks since it rained last.

Yes it's been a typical summer.

We're also roasting here in southern California (South Bay), about 30 miles south of Los Angeles, at roughly 90 degrees and humidity around 80% (feels more like 90%), no AC in my apartment. It's days like this when I actually look forward going to work in a nice AC'ed building with humidity held at a constant 35-40%.

kuzi16 said:
i love winter. i moved to NE ohio when i was 18 just for the snow. the only problem is that sitting on your front porch with a fat stogie is no fun when its 3* out. ....i need to get that garage insulated soon.
Just jump on the turnpike , get off in Cranberry Twp , call for directions to the Qtr.Deck, it is all ready , summer or winter ! no need to work putting up insulation in the garage !

Capt said:
Bloofington said:
Give me a high of 35 with an 8 mph breeze out of the Northwest any day.

I'll drink to that. I hate the heat, and will take a 25 degree day over this 80's crap. I hate it, my dog hates it, but I don't mind Karen's summer wardrobe..... :lol:

80's? 80's!? Good Lord man, 80-something is what we pray it gets down to at night! (picture a 56 year old grey bearded fat man twitching and shivering here at the very thought of 80 degrees in the daytime).

Amen to that Mike! I live in north TEXAS, and I thought today felt great at 97F. Course that's because last week it averaged 107F! :evil:

Temps in the 80's are fall and spring here.

vince said:
kuzi16 said:
Just jump on the turnpike , get off in Cranberry Twp , call for directions to the Qtr.Deck, it is all ready , summer or winter ! no need to work putting up insulation in the garage !

vince, man... you are just too kind.

I hate to see people work when they can be sitting with a cigar relaxing , thats why I have a cigar when my wife is cutting the grass! hahahaha that way I dont see her !
Slippey Rock cigars is having a little get together this Saturday, if your not doing anything , stop in, if you need directions PM me .

Enjoy, Vince