How good is a cigar.com humidor ($30.00)

Joined Jan 2008
5 Posts | 0+
Evening Gents,

Here's my predicament. I have 2 orders comming in about a day apart from one another. Currently, I own 1 glass top humidor that holds a 25-50 cigar capacity (I plan on keeping around 20-25 cigars in there max) monitored by a prometheus digital hydrometer.

Tomorrow, I will have about 20 cigars plus 1 tin of shortys in that humidor. Wed., I have the cigar.com robusto sampler comming in and if I try to put all twenty in my glass top humidor, its going to be packed and I'm afriad all the flavors will mix, which is what I don't want.

Instead, I plan on keeping the 20 cigars in the cigar.com humidor which comes with the sampler. When I get it, I plan on seasoning it for about 2-3 days unless its already seasoned and altering the hydrometer from humidor to humidor every other day. Is this a good idea to keep the cigars in the cigar.com humidor?? All the cigars I have are a good $7+ a stick and I don't want to ruin them or buy another larger humidor.
:(
I'm very new to cigar smoking and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

First the flavors will not mix unless you have cigars that are infused...you might want to try a tupperware container for the short term, just put a water pillow that comes with your cigar into the tupperware with your cigars. Trust us at some point you will buy a large fridgedor or humidor its part of our sickness.

Don is correct buy as big as you can. I didnt believe ppl wen they told me either but if i could go back i would just have one 500-1000 count humidor.

I also agree. When i first joined, i owned a 50ct humidor. Then i went to the 50ct plus 3 cigar jars holding 25 each. Now i have built a fridge-adoor and am about to have to start filling my other containers as well. GO BIG! and save yourself the money in the long run when you have to upgrade.

this advice is timeless. when i got here almost two years ago i had a 25 ct humidor. I now have a 50ct 120ct and another 100ct. i shoulda just started with the 300ct. its not so much the money issue... its about having the room, and not having to check humididty on 3 or 4 (or maybe 5) humis throughout the house.

B128thopen said:
I also agree. When i first joined, i owned a 50ct humidor. Then i went to the 50ct plus 3 cigar jars holding 25 each. Now i have built a fridge-adoor and am about to have to start filling my other containers as well. GO BIG! and save yourself the money in the long run when you have to upgrade.

Exactly. I started with a 100ct, then added a 150ct to that. Both are now full, but I did get a 20 count c.com humi from a member here on the board. So I have room for 270. It would have been far easier and less expensive to buy a large humi right off. I also wouldn't have to explain to my wife why I need to buy another humidor.

Sam

What you guys forgot to mention is that you are all nuts!!

But seriously, if you can do it, I admire you for limiting the number of sticks that you want to keep on hand. I try to keep my collection at about 200 sticks, and have them in various Tupperware containers in my downstairs office. When I find myself getting over that amount, I just give some away!! It works for me!!

Part of the problem (problem!) is that if you keep a cigar at the right rh &
temp for a long period of time they taste way better than something that you pull of the shelf or has been in the humidor for a few weeks.
In fact if you can keep them for years - they become amazing.
There are solutions to these problems, but none very simple.

The funny part is you went way over your storage limits right out the gate - so we can see it from the other side.
We laugh because we have all done it!

Bikeman let me know when your getting over that 200! lol

Anyways, I have a 75 and a 50. I have had convert cigar boxes into humidors because I have went way over the 125. I also have a small wine cooler that I keep everything in. I have had to go as far as ziplocs and humipaks. And I have only been into cigars since October...lol

I would still be interested as to answers to the original question, though...you know, about the QUALITY of these el cheapo humidors. Do the cigar.com humidors have the quality that you'd see elsewhere for double the price?

Cory, I think that the saying about "getting what you pay for" will always hold true. But that doesn't mean that an inexpensive humidor won't do the trick. Remember that most reputable companies would probably exchange a humidor with a bad seal. I wouldn't be afraid to buy any product from cigar.com just because I know the customer service will be great and that they will take care of any problems.

Just a thought.

DL

the 25-30 count that i have was about 20 ish

ive had that thing for 3 or 4 years.
i got it at cheaphumidors.com its called "the capri" works fine still.

looks good. it actually holds 25 toros the way i have it set up with the beads and all.

im sure the cigar.com one is better than the one i have. cigar.com wont sell you junk.