How many times per week do you open your humidor?

How many times a week do you open your humi?

• Total voters
Joined Jan 2007
2K Posts | 5+
Enjoying Life!
Honestly otside of getting smokes, which most of the ones I smoke are in a locker at the cigar store, I open my personal humidors maybe 2x per month. Normaly I only open them if I am putting in new smokes to age. I open it minimum of 1x per month to rotate.

4-5 times. I keep all my sticks in my Fridge-a-door, so i have to open it to get out sticks to smoke and put new sticks in.
I have been known to just open it to get that wonderful smell if i have had a bad day! :shocked:

I know you aren't supposed to, but I check my main humidor once a day. I need my daily aroma fix.

I have two desktops that I only open once every 1-2 weeks. Those cigars have cellophane on them. I guess I should start showing them a little more love.

I have glass on both of my humis so I can see the humidity and temp, that I look at daily. I just don't open them often. My smaller one the 300 count, I almost never open, maybe 1x per month to rotate and that is about it.

I wanted glass tops for the reason but since they are solid I do check once a day. I guess thats my ocd! I just can't help but check everyday, plus I do like getting to smell inside, since I don't get to smoke alot.

cmontgomery said:
I have glass on both of my humis so I can see the humidity and temp, that I look at daily. I just don't open them often. My smaller one the 300 count, I almost never open, maybe 1x per month to rotate and that is about it.

I open my humidor about three times a week. I only open it to grab a smoke or to spritz my beads. I have a small 500 count cabinet w/ glass and a 100-150 count w/ a glass top. A quick glance in the morning and one in the afternoon is all I do to check my humidity and temp. I have to admit, I love to look at my cigars though. I know that there is a debate on whether or not to use humidors with glass, but I do know this: my humidors are working great and I wouldn't buy another unless it has some glass.

DL

once a day... maybe 6 times a week. if i had a glass top it would be less. ... or a remote hygrometer.

its usually a very short opening. 2-3 seconds and maybe only an inch or so open.

... just enough to see the humidity level.

Yah I'm pretty horrible too. I open it at least once on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday (my smoking days :) .) And maybe once or twice on the other days. I just cant help it, they smell fantastic. I need another Humidor that I use for aging that I'll leave alone.

I have remote hygrometers/temp gauges in my Humis so I only open them when I need a smoke. That can vary depending on time of year etc but is usually once or twice a week.

Crimthann said:
I need another Humidor that I use for aging that I'll leave alone.

no. I have a humidor for just that. ...still open it. it goes back to the remote hygrometer. Im a bit OCD when it comes to my RH. in my logical head i KNOW that my RH is spot on right now, but i still wanna look to be sure. If i had the remote view hygromiter in there i wouldnt open it unless i needed to fill the beads or unless i was gunna smoke.

Only a couple of times a week. Usually to put in sticks I receive or to gets soem I am sending out. I pass out and receive more sticks than I smoke; is that a problem?

My stash is all in Tupperdoors right now, so I do open them to air them out every so often.

And I am like the gang on this one - they sure smell great!!

twice a day. Once to pick out my stick for the day. Once to pick out my stick at night.

I keep the bulk of my stash in two large coolerdors that I only open to restock my daily smokes in the 300 ct. desktop. I open the desktop each morning to select 3 cigars for the day.

I keep my Opus and other top end sticks in a separate desktop that only gets opened on special occasions, or once every quarter to check the RH. My office desktop gets opened maybe once a week to check the RH, same for the desktop that holds my mini sticks, short smokes that I enjoy while grilling or don't have long to sit.

14 humidors at home , some I dont open for weeks at a time, others I open a few times a day when I am home,, I have 2 walk in humidors at work, & a locker outside one of the humidors, I have a small humi in my locker , I have a Humidor stashed at my daughters house, I told my wife it was for my son in law , he smokes one cigar a month if he is lucky, but I keep it stocked so when I visit the grandsons, I dont run out . , I also have one stashed in my buddys hunting cabnet in his garage, , he has a cigar or 2 a week, but I keep that Humidor stocked at all times , & I have a last ditch humidor at my brothers, it is a LOCKED humidor & I have BOTH keys , he has his own that i keep a few overflow sticks in , but He has no way to get in mine , if he did I would be filling it every week. , I dont get to his place all that often but I see him at the shop ( he comes in to Mooch cigars ) a few times a week. , My Brotherin law has a nice stocked humidor that he got from me a few years ago, he buys his own cigars ( THANK GOD) if I had to supply him & his son, I would need to open a second shop to pay for all the cigars !

Crimthann said:
Yah I'm pretty horrible too. I open it at least once on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday (my smoking days :) .) And maybe once or twice on the other days. I just cant help it, they smell fantastic. I need another Humidor that I use for aging that I'll leave alone.

Ditto

vince said:
14 humidors at home , some I dont open for weeks at a time, others I open a few times a day when I am home,, I have 2 walk in humidors at work, & a locker outside one of the humidors, I have a small humi in my locker , I have a Humidor stashed at my daughters house, I told my wife it was for my son in law , he smokes one cigar a month if he is lucky, but I keep it stocked so when I visit the grandsons, I dont run out . , I also have one stashed in my buddys hunting cabnet in his garage, , he has a cigar or 2 a week, but I keep that Humidor stocked at all times , & I have a last ditch humidor at my brothers, it is a LOCKED humidor & I have BOTH keys , he has his own that i keep a few overflow sticks in , but He has no way to get in mine , if he did I would be filling it every week. , I dont get to his place all that often but I see him at the shop ( he comes in to Mooch cigars ) a few times a week. , My Brotherin law has a nice stocked humidor that he got from me a few years ago, he buys his own cigars ( THANK GOD) if I had to supply him & his son, I would need to open a second shop to pay for all the cigars !
I bet you have lots of friends.

I will make sure to stop by if I'm ever up your way. Wink, wink.

PM me for phone & directions, I am about 23 miles NW of Pittsburgh