humidifier substitute

Joined Oct 2005
6 Posts | 0+
hey everybody,
i was just wondering...
if i need to hold a cigar for a week or two for a friend but don't have a humidifier... how can i keep it fresh... or do i even need to?

put in in a ziplock baggy, with a wet paper towel in another ziplock baggy. put the paper towel baggy inside the other baggy, while leaving the papertowel one open.put the cigar in the bag that doesnt have the paper towel in it, and then close the outside baggy, and make sure it has plenty of air in it.

Just smoke it, and tell him your kids (or dog if you have a Lab) got ahold of it.

Capt said:
Just smoke it, and tell him your kids (or dog if you have a Lab) got ahold of it.

Note to self...Bring a safe for my cigars when I go to the Cigar-B-Q :p

LOL, not to threadjack, the first time Macallan came to my house, we were just getting ready to eat outside by the grill. I set my fresh LGC #7 natural on the table to do something. Next thing I see is Big with the LGC in his mouth running around the yard. When I told him to drop, he did.......Covered in lab slober. Needless to say, Macallan was nice enough to share the Gurkha pre-embargo's that he brought.

But rosewoodlane, you can put the extra sticks in a tupperware container with a SLIGHTLY damp piece of sponge. Make sure it is a new one, not the one that cleaned last night's casserole dish. I dont see any problem with just using bottled spring water.

carefull on what kind of sponge you get, some come wrapped in celophane and have alcohol in them. you dont want to use them.

Capt said:
I set my fresh LGC #7 natural on the table to do something. Next thing I see is Big with the LGC in his mouth running around the yard. When I told him to drop, he did.......Covered in lab slober.

Shouldn't have been so hasty to get him to drop it... if you could have gotten a picture of Big with that in his mouth it certainly would have eased the pain a little I'm sure.