Humidity

Joined Jan 2008
13 Posts | 0+
out in the sticks w/ my sticks
i was having horrible tunneling problems with my smokes. was using the "green sponge" crap that came with my humies and 50/50 solution. the tunneling killed my enjoyment of the smokes. a couple of weeks ago i switched to 65 RH beads and SHAZZAM, my smokes are burning PERFECT! note to every other newb smoker, get some 65 RH beads, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! low cost beads = GREAT smoking! smoke on!

ARNLT said:
i was having horrible tunneling problems with my smokes. was using the "green sponge" crap that came with my humies and 50/50 solution. the tunneling killed my enjoyment of the smokes. a couple of weeks ago i switched to 65 RH beads and SHAZZAM, my smokes are burning PERFECT! note to every other newb smoker, get some 65 RH beads, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! low cost beads = GREAT smoking! smoke on!

Interesting!!!!!!
There has been a lot of talk about tunneling!

As for the beads - Great Advise!!!!

heartfelt indeed. google heartfelt humidification

Many swear by the beads-here's where to get them: http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=70%+Rh+Humidity+Beads

I still use distilled water and/or propylene glycol and the more traditional humidifiers, but will probably go beads in the future. I have a few humidifiers with some kind of beads in them (branded Cigar Mechanic) but I have yet to use them. As far as I know the heartfelt beads keep the humidity constant for longer. Anyone here use them ? If so how about their longevity ?

By adding baking soda to water in a cap and leaving it the humidor over night that should get you at 70%. If your analog hydrometer does not read that then you need to adjust it

I had a real problem seasoning my last humidor. Ended up sealing the front outside mount hygrometer with glue after doing a light test and noticing leakage. That did the trick and got it up to 70%. What do you have for humidors Frank ? and is the cigar count down any from a couple of years ago?

I had a real problem seasoning my last humidor. Ended up sealing the front outside mount hygrometer with glue after doing a light test and noticing leakage. That did the trick and got it up to 70%. What do you have for humidors Frank ? and is the cigar count down any from a couple of years ago?

I just gave my cousin a small humidor tonight but I still have about 20 humidors that hold 100 to 400 cigars. I am down to just below 3000 cigars. I had gotten to over 4000 cigars. I took it easy on buying this year and started to enjoy my aged Cigars. I have many 10 year olds that burn and taste great.

I'm not counting mine, but I did dig out a box of Jose Marti trinidads and opened it for the first time and pulled out a cigar to smoke before putting it back. I had smoked a whole box starting several years ago and finishing the last of them around a year ago. They seemed a bit better than that first box and there's another unopened box just below it. It's the second time I've noticed cigar improvement with aging.