Hurricane relief

That is awesome. We had a drive here at work yesterday, and in two hours we raised 3000.00. We are also sending 4 of our guys down for a month. Every little bit helps!! I really feel for all those in the south.

A friend of mine works for a company who provides medical care to the relief workers but has been doing a lot of overlapping into the public sector. Anyways, he was saying that he had to get a tetanus booster before he started but had to get it in New Orleans. So to find out where he had to go he had to ask some of the local cops. Where he was supposed to go was apparently "in a bad part of town" (not my words) and all the cops could do is point him in the right direction and wish him luck. Sad that even clearly idenetified relief workers were targeted by mobs.

I'm going to forego the purchase of a box of cigars and donate the money to the Red Cross instead. A small sacrifice from me that will help those people over there, even if it's only a little bit.

Yeah, but that "little bit" adds up nicely. I had given to the Red Cross this weekend as well. I also went into Petco to pick up some treats and they have a drive for all the pets that have been displaced as well...how could I refuse :(