Hydrating Beads

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Gahanna, OH
I just purchased some 4 oz. tubes of 65 RH beads from Heartfelt. Do I need to open the caps to hydrate them, or can I just pour water over the outside tube? I've tried both ways, and they seem to work each way.

Gents, thanks for your suggestions. I ran a little bit of distilled water on the sides. I could immediately heard the beads fizz a little, and then I placed them in my humidor.

I've got the same ones. So far, I've been removing both ends, one at a time and spraying them with distilled water out of small spray bottle. I read that the beads crack sometimes if water gets directly on them. So far I've been quite pleased with their performance.

I indirectly humidify my beads by placing them inside of my humidor along with a small saucer of distilled water. It is the same method I use to "recharge" my beads if they become too dry for my preference.

What I usually do is pour them into a small bowl and spray the distilled water on them that way. Once about 70% of the beads are clear again, I use a funnel to put them back in the tube. Just my two cents on the subject.