Hygrometers

Joined Jan 2007
2K Posts | 5+
Enjoying Life!
Just wondering how often you all replace your Hygrometers? Mine are all aproaching a year old, and I am not sure if I want to just salt test them or simply replace them with new ones. Any thoughts?

I havn't that about that till you asked. Mine are just over a year old but still seem to be holding the same accuracy as when I first started.

Salt test every 6 months... Just so I have peace of mind. Why buy new ones when you need to salt test them anyways?

Barcochris said:
Salt test every 6 months... Just so I have peace of mind. Why buy new ones when you need to salt test them anyways?

That rainbow hair makes you one smart feller Chris!

I have three in my humi and they all read about the same. Honestly, I don't salt test. The cigars are doing fine.

I used to salt test every couple of months, now I don't bother anymore. Between the beads and oasis I use, I'm fully confident that my cigars stay at a constant 65% in both of my humis.

Im using the boveda 69% packs...totally maintenance free, perfect 65-66% in humis, and in my aging fridgeadoor, 69-70%....im loving these packs...truly the first time i feel i dont need a hygrometer...no other humidifying solution is this worry free