I HATE HEAD SHOPS!

Joined Jul 2004
2K Posts | 0+
Southern AZ
I found a second tobacco store in this town, and went by there today. Once again, just like the other place, 3 pipes, all the quality of a lego block, and 99 differant styles of bong and crack pipe. I think I could get fired just for being IN there! I hate a place that advertises tobacco, but has less of a pipe tobacco selection than Walgreens or Safeway!
So, once again, I must say, I HATE HEAD SHOPS!!!

LOL thats what happened to me when I drove down to Waterville to visit the Cigar shop there. After the 4 hour drive I got there they where not open so I went and had a snack. Went back and entered the place did not really look around just asked the lady where the cigars where. The small walk in humi in the back I headed right for it to my shock they had about 5 boxes of WAY overpriced cigars. On my way out I started to look around the display case was full of colorful pipes and the wall behind was covered with water pipes ( bongs) oops wrong shop. What a waste of a day.

ive had that happen to me. now i call ahead EVERY time. i usually ask haw many different brands they carry or if they carry a brand that non smokers wouldnt know and how much it costs there. (i usually go with either La aroma de cuba or bolivar

this cuts down on a waste of day.

Well the one I went to was well known and had great write ups in the papers. About a month before I went there it had been sold. So I got the ol switch a roo.

Seems we have one of these on every block here. I went into one and asked if they had pipe cleaners. He said "Sure, what kind do you want?" as he brought up a few bottles of the liquid cleaners for glass pipes (420 cleaner, that kind of stuff). I laughed out loud and explained in layman's terms what I was looking for. Luckily they actually had some or it would have been a total waste of time. I feel just a little bit dumber for the experience though...

I think I will have to broaden the search to neighboring communities...and fast - I am running out of good stuff, and not sure I like the thought of buying Captain Black... :shock:

Armored, you smoked all that stuff that Wilson sent you?????
Even though I am one for keeping local businesses in business, with the tobacco tax in MI (32% total tax) I can't help but have to order online most of the time.

If you go to captain black...you def. will not like it...it will taste like chemicals and bite your tongue.... :cry:

Actually, I like Capt Black Royal (Blue Pouch), sometimes.

Capt said:
I can't help but have to order online most of the time.

I got to agree - to many good deals to not at least look.
Saying that- I know the owners of every brick & morter
within a 50 mile of here, but unless they got what I want at a fair deal.
& I tell them so!
Mind you- I pay $5 more for a box of my everyday smokes buying
from Mike (going there today) - I like to support local "Nice Guys" shops.
They have to have what I want - Mike always has my cigars in stock!
For that service I will give up the extra $5!
Talking to the store people is important.
Telling them what I want & what I can get is often an eye opener for them.
People like us (the online forum crowd) are the most informed cigar people out there.
I surprise many shop owners - with how much I know about each cigar & don't/won't smoke 90% of them.[/i]

Capt, almost! Good stuff! I have two full pipes a day. Still have half a jar of the Night Cap/Grey Ghost mix, and some #66, and a little in each baggie I'll mix together for a big hurrah, but most of it has been smoked and savored.
What can I say, recent converts are usualy the most fervent supporters! :lol:
Capt Black Royal? Hmmm.
BTW, my wife told me that I am to spend some of my political payoff, er, "economic stimulous" money, on a big order from C&D. I love her.