Including a photo in a post

Joined May 2007
168 Posts | 0+
Northern California
I've asked a couple times for help in including a photo in a post but I must not have asked in an acceptable way so I'll try doing it with a thread all its own.

I've tried numerous times to include a photo in a post without any success. Yes, I see the img button and, yes I've tried using it, but seemingly it will only accept a URL where it might find the photo in question.

Creating a URL for a photo makes no sense to me. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I haven't yet figured out what that is.

Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks very much

When you go to post something, below the text box, there's a space to Upload attachment. There, you can choose a file on the row that says filename. Then, you can find the appropriate pic on your computer. Since this is the booze forum, I added a Buffalo Trace pic, which is currently what is in my glass. After you preview the post, you can also place the pic inline.[attachment=0:1szs43z9]buffalo trace.jpg[/attachment:1szs43z9]

Attachments

• buffalo trace.jpg
    buffalo trace.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 259
cant we just use photobucket an copy in the IMG it creates ! that works on most forums ?
im new here..so dont knwo what the rules are
PA270148-1.jpg

Once again you guys come to my rescue. My thanks to all of you for the info. I'll try to make it work so I can post something to this booze forum.

Thanks to SpecialEd for pointing out the thread, and a coupla thank-you's to Aubrey for not only providing an answer to my question but also for making me aware of a good-sounding bourbon I hadn't heard of and will now have to try. Life just gets complicateder and complicateder........

Hmmmmmmm, care to let us in on what that bourbon is? I'm always game to try something new.

By the way, I saw on another web site, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HIP, HAP, HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYY, JLMARTA!!!

Thanks for the Birthday song, Senor Bloofington.

If you're asking about the bourbon Aubrey told me about, it's Buffalo Trace. I hadn't heard of it before now.

As for the photo to be included in a post, I'm still trying to figure out which thread to include it in. It has to do with bourbon, though.

Ahhhh yes, Buffalo Trace, tried it a few years ago. Very, very popular with the bang for the buck crowd looking for something different.