Infusing?

Joined Apr 2005
3K Posts | 0+
Machias Maine
Ok I like these Sauza cigars. I am wondering what would happen if I splashed some tequila on a couple of them and let them sit? Would the alcohol evaporate and leave more flavor? How they do it at the factory? Any thought or ideas??

If you just splash it on, my guess is that it would ruin the cigar. My guess is that they infuse them by exposing them to some sort of vapor. Perhaps you could do something similar by simply placing them in a sealed container with a small bowl of whatever you are trying to infuse. It would take a while, but he booze would slowly evaporate and I would think the cigar would draw some of it in. Then again, it may do nothing or ruin the stick. Be sure to let us know how it works if you do trying infusing some.

All the best,

Joe

I would think doing it that way would leave the flavor in the bowl and simply evaporate the alcohol ? I might give it a try though to see what it does.

Travis

I would think that they use a vacuum process to infuse these. I know that you can put them in a container for a few months with whatever you want to infuse them with, but I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Ahhhh Thor and I have tried homemade infusing before as an experiment a few years ago. The menthod you refer to woudl actually harm the cigars. If you are going to apply it directly to the sticks, use a spray bottle, but even then I really dont recommend that method. If you want to try you own infustion, you need to replace water with tequila in your humidification element. Thor and I used Godiva liquor witha cigar oasis. The flavor addition was very very subtle. A fun experiment IMHO but I probably wont do it again.

Alex Svenson said:
Ahhhh Thor and I have tried homemade infusing before as an experiment a few years ago. The menthod you refer to woudl actually harm the cigars. If you are going to apply it directly to the sticks, use a spray bottle, but even then I really dont recommend that method. If you want to try you own infustion, you need to replace water with tequila in your humidification element. Thor and I used Godiva liquor witha cigar oasis. The flavor addition was very very subtle. A fun experiment IMHO but I probably wont do it again.

You guys have too much fun. :twisted:

Seriously...way too much fun...you guys hiring? I could use a change of pace...I'll send you my resume...