introduction

Joined Aug 2007
2K Posts | 28+
Somewhere down in Texas
It's been over five years since I joined and posted an intro. Thought I would update for the newer members.

I've been smoking cigars for a little over 6 years. My wife and I went on a Carribbean cruise for our honeymoon and I bought my first cigar on the boat. It was an AF Hemingway. Once be got back, I started researching cigar smoking and found this place. Been smoking ever since. My favorite cigars are all La Flor Dominicanas, all Illusuiones, Perdomos, Arturo Fuentes, Padrons, and various habanos. I have a cigar collection of over a thousand cigars in four humidors. I also got into pipes a couple of years ago and enjoy smoking them.

A little about myself: I live in Central Texas. My wife and I own a home and four acres just outside of a "villiage". We have a very active 5 year old son. I like vintage hotrod cars, especially pre '60s. I own a 1924 Model T, t-bucket, and am making plans to purchase my second hotrod. My wife and I are into gardening and self sufficient living. We do not want to depend on someone else for ANYTHING. We raise chickens as well.

I like psychobilly/rockabilly music, with an emphasis on The Reverend Horton Heat, Social Distortion/Mike Ness, Southern Culture on the Skids, among others. I enjoy collecting vintage Gillette razors and traditional wet-shaving. My favorite razor to use is a 1963 Gillette Slim Adjustable. I also love AR-15 firearms. I love reading, mostly history, but am really into self-suffeciency books right now.

I also work part time for a handmade custom cowboy boot maker. So I know a little about making cowboy boots, sewing, and leather craft.

That's basically it about me.

Let's hear about you guys!!!

DL

I've been smoking cigars and pipes since 1978. Once I got an E A Carey pipe I smoked the pipe most of the time. I've smoked many kinds besides the Carey, corn cob, hickory and various other briar brands. After several years of tobacco
sampling I pretty much stuck with black cavendish. For the past 10 years I've cut way back on the pipe and ramped up smoking cigars.
I'm semi-retired and live in rural Northwest, CT. Spend the spring and summer gardening and fishing.
One thing I know about AR-15s is that you don't want to use reload ammo-I saw what happened when somebody did during the time I worked at Colt Firearms.

I've been smoking cigars and pipes since 1978. Once I got an E A Carey pipe I smoked the pipe most of the time. I've smoked many kinds besides the Carey, corn cob, hickory and various other briar brands. After several years of tobacco
sampling I pretty much stuck with black cavendish. For the past 10 years I've cut way back on the pipe and ramped up smoking cigars.
I'm semi-retired and live in rural Northwest, CT. Spend the spring and summer gardening and fishing.
One thing I know about AR-15s is that you don't want to use reload ammo-I saw what happened when somebody did during the time I worked at Colt Firearms.

Oh wow, pretty cool that you worked at Colt. One thing that amazes me is that they quit producing their double-action revolvers. Actual I guess what amazes me is how the value has increased.

What kind of gardening do you do? We are doing square-foot gardening. It works very well for us. The deer have recently discovered our garden, though.

DL

Semi raised bed. This past season we grew tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, summer and winter squash, lettuce(leaf), swiss chard, beans, corn, carrots, kohlrabi, beets, onions, garlic, celantro, Okra, snow peas, chives, and dill. We also have asparagus patches.

Colt's - well that's a whole nuther long story. When I worked there they had 3 plant locations, now I think they have 1.

We did really well with watermelon and okra this summer. Have some broccoli coming up now.

DL

Bumping this up. Not much has changed about me. Cigars, vintage hot rods, wet shaving and music that drives my wife crazy. I like reading and keeping up with current events and politics. I have a mild interest in the economy and enjoy watching various markets. Currently I have a passion for precious metals and own some physical. I love Texas with all of my heart. I was meant to be here and someday I will die here.

This is the first cigar forum that I ever visited and became a member of. It is a special place for me. I have met some great people on here and regard several as my good friends. I learned all about cigar smoking on here.

Alright boys and girls, post 'em up.

DL

I too was here from the beginning so many years ago. I am the lone Canadian here, and enjoy my status as an ambassador from the North. My interests include family, church, music, and computers. I work for our National Post Office as a Letter Carrier, and will be celebrating 35 years there this month. I like all kinds of cigars and maintain a smallish collection of many different varieties and strengths. I love all things Canadian, and our long association with Britain and the Queen.

Real name is Kevin - from New Jersey - Sussex County which is the northwest corner of the state. I am married, have 2 kids - my daughter is heading to college in the fall.

I am the owner of a small investment firm, where I have been working with my business partner for the past 23 years. I have been a part of this group for about 8 years now and through this forum and another have met up with dozens of folks with the same love of cigars that I have.

I hope to hear about more of you folks!

Let me add a couple of things. I'm a big movie buff, formerly an avid collector and breeder of tropical fish and currently an administrator on another travel related site. So, if anyone needs help or advice, I may remember some thing about tropical fish (fresh water) and if anyone wants any advice or information about timeshares or timesharing I can help or find out (best advice is never buy new).

My name is Austin. Ive been smoking cigarettes for the past few years and am quitting and moving to cigars. I just seasoned my first humidor about a month ago and thanks to the forum did it correctly. Im 24 and have a fiance and a baby girl due in July. I enjoy all professional sports, and live in Florida. My favorite smokes at this point are arturo fuente sun grown, alec bradley, and el rey del mundo.

My name is Austin. Ive been smoking cigarettes for the past few years and am quitting and moving to cigars. I just seasoned my first humidor about a month ago and thanks to the forum did it correctly. Im 24 and have a fiance and a baby girl due in July. I enjoy all professional sports, and live in Florida. My favorite smokes at this point are arturo fuente sun grown, alec bradley, and el rey del mundo.

Congratulations on the baby girl, Austin!

DL

Thank you Sam. Welcome to the forum!

DL

Hi my name is Jose I'm new to cigars and online forums. Just looking for information on cigars. Stories I smoke are my father, la Palina, recluse and Illusione. If anybody has any recomendations pls do....

Hi my name is spence I've been smoking cigars for about 4 years. My dad gave me my first cigar I ever smoked! It was a Gurkha and I fell in love. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.