Is this a decent humidor?

Joined Oct 2007
285 Posts | 0+
San Diego County
I found the humidor below as a dent/scratch for a good price. Right now I have a few small ones that i'm looking to combine. Has anyone tried this one or known someone who has? If not by reading the stats on paper does it sound like good quality? You can find them on other sites...The link below is just for reference.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/ebebwodohu.html

Its replacing a 75 count humidor with a bad seal :)

It's not my only one. I have a coolodor and a few small humidors and various cigar boxes I converted. So the 200 count will do. I don't know if the pine aerators are a good idea. I don't know anything about the sure seal technology ect...

I got to agree with Capt on this one.

for 209 I think you could do better.

Here is one that is a 300 ct for less

here is a 500 ct for a touch more.

But if you like it I would say go for it, but mark my words, you will wish you went bigger.

i'm getting it for $149

Also, the dimensions are similar:

Ebano 18"W x 12 1/8"D x 10 3/8"H
Other Dome 18 1/2" X 11 1/2" X 12 3/8"

I believe they will hold close to the same amount. But if I get a bigger one my I can tell my wife I have to buy more cigars to keep it fuller.

What are you going to do with that doll house humi? Stop playing around and go get a man size humi. As a general rule of thumb if your Humi can fit in your refrigerator then it is to small. On the other hand if your refrigerator can fit in your humi then your probably ok...

Travismaine said:
What are you going to do with that doll house humi?

Travis, that has got to be the funniest thing I have ever heard you say!

On a serious note, you will wish you went bigger. There once was a great place on Ebay that sold real nice humidors at a great price. I think they are still there, but have changed the name since I last ordered.

Here is one that I have that I got from Cheaphumidors.com.

Here - it stores 300 and has nice little drawers underneath for storage.

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't you supposed to keep your humi at least 70% full. If you have it 50% full thats not as good. I only keep about 150 on hand. Plus I have 2 other small humidors. One that holds 50 and one that holds 20. Also, I have several cigar boxes that I have ready as temporary humis. Anyways, my point is if I get a 300 I won't be able to maintain it with enough cigars. I'm on a budget.

My original question is this...Is this a decent humi that I picked out. I will amend that to this...Is this a decent humi even if its a little small for your tastes. And if I'm wrong and I need a bigger one...theres always christmas...I think my frigador can handle any over flow.

Also, you have to realize I'm just replacing a 75 count one that has warped.

Another thing. I think when a humi says 200 count or 300 count. Thats what the manufatcurer is telling you. What matters is the dimensions of the humi. If you compare the inches of my 200 count to most 300 counts they are pretty close. I have fit 100 cigars in my 75 count before.

The stuff i'm not sure about is...

Are piano hinges okay? What is that sureseal technology and have you had a humi with it? How about the Spanish Cedar Aerator for Improved Circulation. Does it really help the airflow. It has alot of these types of feature and I want to know if they help or is it just marketing.

Kelvin, I thought about those drawers. And after thinking about it...I have 2 punches, 2 cutters, 3 lighters, and 3 cans of butane. I carry the cutters and the punches with me. I'm afraid my three year old might find them while I'm at work. The one punch is on my keychain. The other one I truly am worried about losing. So, I would keep that in the drawer. I don't know if colibri butane cans will fit in the drawers.

ncosino said:
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't you supposed to keep your humi at least 70% full. If you have it 50% full thats not as good. I only keep about 150 on hand. Plus I have 2 other small humidors. One that holds 50 and one that holds 20. Also, I have several cigar boxes that I have ready as temporary humis. Anyways, my point is if I get a 300 I won't be able to maintain it with enough cigars. I'm on a budget.

My original question is this...Is this a decent humi that I picked out. I will amend that to this...Is this a decent humi even if its a little small for your tastes. And if I'm wrong and I need a bigger one...theres always christmas...I think my frigador can handle any over flow.

Also, you have to realize I'm just replacing a 75 count one that has warped.

Another thing. I think when a humi says 200 count or 300 count. Thats what the manufatcurer is telling you. What matters is the dimensions of the humi. If you compare the inches of my 200 count to most 300 counts they are pretty close. I have fit 100 cigars in my 75 count before.

The stuff i'm not sure about is...

Are piano hinges okay? What is that sureseal technology and have you had a humi with it? How about the Spanish Cedar Aerator for Improved Circulation. Does it really help the airflow. It has alot of these types of feature and I want to know if they help or is it just marketing.

The piano Hinges are just a long hinge. The sure seal is just a fancy name for a close fit.

I do not buy in to keep it 70% full. I would rather spend an extra 20 to have room to grow than rather having to spend another 200 and have to buy another humidor, but that is just me.
If YOU feel it will suite your needs go for it.

Travis,

I read what you said to my Wife and my Dad. They both thought it was pretty funny too.

ncosino said:
Travis,

I read what you said to my Wife and my Dad. They both thought it was pretty funny too.

What was funny? Facts is facts. Trust me I learned the hard way.

Barcochris said:
I got to agree with Capt on this one.

for 209 I think you could do better.

Here is one that is a 300 ct for less

here is a 500 ct for a touch more.

But if you like it I would say go for it, but mark my words, you will wish you went bigger.

ncosino,

I have the 500 count that Chris has linked here. It is a wonderful humidor. Plenty of room (I was amazed at how big it actually was when it came in). The drawer holds ALL my accessories including butane. I would recommend this to anybody. The price was awesome. You are paying $149 for the one you're looking at? This one is only $70 more.

DL

100 quart cooler, beads, fan....buy a box of cigars with the rest...no need to thank me. :D

Kelvin said:
Here is one that I have that I got from Cheaphumidors.com.

Here - it stores 300 and has nice little drawers underneath for storage.

I own that one as well. Worth every penny for that cigar count. It's a sweet humidor.
:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advice. I finally got to look at the suggestions. I can't go to many at work. Darn proxy servers!

Bro I know you are looking to get one with this but I happened to see some other imperfect sales. Check this link as they are always changing I just saw the 300ct people recomended for under a $100 and I saw the foot locker 400-500 for about $120 I know you are basing it on size and I think this is a good sized one.

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/ ... imperfects