It's Official - The French Press is Back.

Joined Aug 2004
760 Posts | 0+
Florida West Coast
It must be official!

With the election of a pro-American leader in France, Bill O'Reilly has ended his boycott of French wine and other French products.

That should mean that French Fries are back and the Freedom Press can return to being the French Press.

Of course, I don't really consider it official until I hear it from Bloofington.

:D

I loved it when I heard about Sarkozy's election. Even the French can wise up when they realize their country is lost. Come to think of it, maybe I WILL end my boycott of France, which I actually began before "Uncle" Bill even mentioned his proposed boycott of France years ago. Come to think of it, and I've probably mentioned this before, I've never been crazy about buying French or German products, and have usually avoided the latter whenever I could.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, okay, it's a French Press in my house now, Maxine Bacon, The ORIGINAL Virginia Ham, hanging in there as she approaches 19 years old, has voted Yea, and the Yeas have it. It's now a French Press and now, I can FINALLY eat brie again!!! THAT'S REAL GOOD news, because I MISS BRIE!!!!

French Press

I broke out the French Press this morning and made some Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

Ummmm.

I had forgotten how superior the press is over my drip coffee maker.

Will take that route again in the morning.

:cheers:

I'm on the second half of my press pot right now - nothing like a good cup of pressed coffee.

cybrus said:
I'm on the second half of my press pot right now - nothing like a good cup of pressed coffee.

I love my French Press.

:!: :?: :idea: :arrow: 8)

I usually fill my thermos from the press before I leave for work. It's amazing how much better MY coffee smells than that firehouse castor they call coffee. :lol:

MY Freedom press pot is still doing fine , I have lived in FREEDOM Pa over 30 years now , it has always been a FREEDOM PRESS POT here

A little late in my reply, but what the heck. I just started using a french press several weeks ago. Wow what a delight each morning compared to my drip maker. I purchased a second, single, press. I find that it is really handy when I just want one mug. I know, when would you ever want just one mug??? I am still perfecting the grind though. Any special words of wisdom on grinding? Is there a particular type of grinder that truly makes a difference? Thanks.

Honey said:
A little late in my reply, but what the heck. I just started using a french press several weeks ago. Wow what a delight each morning compared to my drip maker. I purchased a second, single, press. I find that it is really handy when I just want one mug. I know, when would you ever want just one mug??? I am still perfecting the grind though. Any special words of wisdom on grinding? Is there a particular type of grinder that truly makes a difference? Thanks.

I like the burr grinder but the wherrly bird is just fine, I like a Course grind for the press pot, about 10 sesonds in the whirly bird next to the biggest grind on the burr grinder

Thanks, Vince, that is exactly the information I was hoping for and I know it is reliable coming from a coffee lover such as you!

Honey

I dont know how reilable I can be , what I like you might not like , just like I cant drink anything carbonated any more BUT I love beer, just cant drink it unless its flat , I dont like flat beer all that much ! hahaha Enjoy, Vince

Yes, coarsely ground. The proper grind for French Press is always coarse, the coarsest grind you'll use for any type of maker. All others are varying degrees of grind, leading right up to powder for Turkish style coffee.

Long live the French Press!! Even if Monsier Sarkozy is up to his eyes in trouble right now, its the only way to make good coffee!!