Job offer celebration smoke

Joined Jun 2006
183 Posts | 0+
Kalamazoo, MI
I received a job offer for a maintenance manager position in Portales, NM. Eastern part of the state, just across from Texas border. Great climate, high plateau, 355 days of sunshine, great offer, so I celebated with:
Fuentes , Reserva XtraViejo, aged 2 years in my humidor. Perfect smoke, great flavor, lots of smoke, even burn.
Beaulieu Vineyards, 1999 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, that had been in my wine cellar for 4 years. Decanted the wine and it was excellent.
Grilled salmon, fresco spices on a focacia roll.

Great evening on the deck enjoying the first day of fall in Michigan while I contemplated moving to NM.

Fantastic! Congrats man. Enjoy the smoke!

Thanks, guys.

My third retirement was even shorter than my first two. I will stop working for Pfizer on 24 Oct, take a weeks vacation in Ireland and Scotland with my daughter (fresh Guiness in a pub or distillery visit after each castle we visit and one round of golf at the Old Course) then head to NM to start in Dec.

When I have a firmer itinerary, I will post it and see if I can hook up with any of you on the drive for a celebratory smoke. Still have some cigars that I have been saving for a special day.

John