Cigar Trade Kelvin's 2000 Post Contest

Thanks Steve and Gord - it was alot of fun.

I am trying to catch up to you Gord!

You should be proud to have that reminder of your Father. Thats really cool Kelvin.

Sorry about the hair crack by the way.

Not knowing that much about military stuff, I'm not sure exactly what a bronze star is, though I can surmise that it has something to do with oustanding performance in the line of duty, which is definitely very cool, something I would be quite proud of also.

Walker said:
Not knowing that much about military stuff, I'm not sure exactly what a bronze star is, though I can surmise that it has something to do with oustanding performance in the line of duty, which is definitely very cool, something I would be quite proud of also.

Here is the description for the War Department (don't mean to bore anyone):

"Private First Class Bernard Blondina, XXXXXXXX, CE, 135th Engineer Combat Battalion, for meritorious achievement in connection with military operations against the enemy in Germany on 22 February 1945. During an assault crossing of the Saar River, Private First Class Blondina was a member of an engineer boat crew which transported infantry to the hostile shore. Although his craft was riddled by fire, he rallied his comrades, landed the troops and returned a second time across the river. Private First Class Blondina's courage and determiantion are deserving of high praise."

I found this citation one day when I was a kid going through the attic - he never really spoke too much of the war - just a lot of praise for the infantry and his love of Patton.

Very proud - he was also a great dad. I was a very lucky man.

Packages are away gentlemen - Jeff you got first prize and Craig got consolation prize for narrowing it down.