Knob Creek

Joined Mar 2007
222 Posts | 0+
Northeast Georgia
Well, I haven't had any bourbon or anything stronger than Guinness in quite a while. I felt like I had cause to celebrate this weekend (birthday and graduation), so I headed out to the package store in search of something nice. I was thinking bourbon when I walked in and walked out with a bottle of Knob Creek. It was when I got home that I actually looked at the bottle to findout the proof. 100 proof! This was going to be fun.

My bourbon palate has atrophied after several years of not being used. But I did notice a sweet, vanilla, slightly peppery taste. The only down side was I was not ready for a triple digit proof bourbon, but it was well worth it. I'll be having some more this evening. Love the flavor!

Any advice for a guy returning to bourbon after several low proof years?

Thanks,

Sam

Other than "enjoy it," and "don't drink too fast," I can't think of anything in the way of advice. You picked a real good one in Knob Creek.

Sip it and mix it with an ice cube or two and let them melt a bit - that will take some of the bite out until you're ready.

cybrus said:
Sip it and mix it with an ice cube or two and let them melt a bit - that will take some of the bite out until you're ready.

A splash or two of soda/seltzer can do it right as well. Knobs good bourbon, but it's not like you're dealing with a $200 bottle of scotch, you can get away with mixing it up a bit :)