Large Vertical Cabinet Humidor

Joined Jun 2005
52 Posts | 0+
Warren, OH
I almost fell over from a heart attack today. The wife said she is tired of seeing the multiple coolidors around the house and I should get one of those "stand up humidor thingies" for the house. Being the great husband I am, I would like nothing more than to help her out and further my hobby.

So being a novice at a selecting anything this big, does anyone have any experience?

I have done some looking on line and think I should be about 3000 with lots of room for box storage. (as well as a nice presentation, as I have some boxes that would be fun to display)
Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations to the brand and model?

I await anxiously for your sage-like wisdom.

I noticed Vince was saying that he ordered some humidors for his shop, anything in this size since I am not that far away from Monaca, PA.

Some of the finest cabinets made right now - IMHO

A- Aristocrate
http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/

B- Avallo
http://www.avallohumidors.com/

I own one of each & they are top quality all the way.
There are other companys that make fine humidors, but for the price -
these are where I would go & have.

If this is out of budget - there are floor models &/or scracthed models.
I'm sure there are humidors for less (I have some of those as well)
They don't come close in workmanship or quality. IMHO

I think the Aristocrate are a little nice.

I to am on the path to a super size humi. I am waiting till spring to make my final decision to either buy a big one or build one. I have been collecting patterns and pictures to get the idea of what I want. I am leaning more to building one as that way I will get exactly what I want.

I've been wanting an Aristocrat for so long! I even went as far as calling Bob and getting better ideas of what would suite my needs. Definately cooled. After Bob and I calculated the different options, we came up with a humidor that would cost between $2,800 to just under $4,000. That is a lot of coin for a humidor! So I am in a holding pattern right now. Dreaming. Maybe someday.........

DL