Lars Teten "MOM" review

Joined Jul 2005
3K Posts | 0+
MI
After smoking approximately 400 cigars last year, I was looking for a little change of pace. Now, I am not one to usually smoke a flavored/infused cigar, but I needed something a little different. I had bought a box of Lt's a couple years ago, but haven't even opened the box in atleast a year. Alex had brought a few up for the sit down, so I thought I would try one. Now, these things are pricey!

The pre-lit aroma was somewhere between bug spray and a urinal block. I had visions in my head of toasting the foot, vomiting, and calling it a night.

Construction was decent, a little loose at the foot, but steady the rest of the way. The wrapper was a bit mottled, maybe due to the infusion process. I toasted the foot, and immediately had the aroma of a cedar sauna. I could detect nothing on the nose that resembled the earlier aroma of urinal cake. I took in a couple draws and detected a great tobacco taste. Yes, tobacco. Throught the nose was mild tobacco floavor, with a spicy minty finish. This robusto sized cigar had me by suprise. NOTHING like I had anticipated. I smoked about 3/4 of the cigar with a bottle of a mildly hoppy IPA. I was finished, and had not a trace of nasty aftertaste. All in all, a great change of pace. This is not a cigar I would smoke everyday, or in public, but sitting in the backyard playing fetch with the Lab, it worked just fine. Big didn't mind at all. For those looking for something different, by all means try one. Just don't tell anyone like I just did...... :wink:

It always seems to happen this way... I run into something new once, then a couple days later *boom* there it is again.
A rep dropped off a few samples at my local shop a few days ago. Having been repulsed by the smell, packaging, and over the top cheesy advertising material, the guy who was working & one of the other regulars decided to mess with the manager, so they put the Bolivar ring on the Lars Teten, stuck it in a ziploc, and told him some guy with a made up description had dropped it off. I'll have to inquire about the results next time I'm there.

I always liked Lars, sorry guys...
My name is Rob, and I'm an unbiased cigar smoker.... :shock: