Las Vegas Big Smoke 2006

Joined Mar 2006
47 Posts | 0+
Anyone going to the Big Smoke in Vegas this year? I went to the first three in Vegas but haven't been back since.

Wish I could be there with you guys!

I'll be in Iraq at that time.

Let me know what kind of deals are out there i woul dlove to go
esspecially if its in vegas

The first week of November is possibly the worst time to try to book a room in Las Vegas, owing to the SEMA/AAPEX auto show, which attracts something like 125,000 visitors. Prices spike to three times their normal rates, and if you haven't gotten your reservation about six months in advance, you wind up staying at some hole in the wall (and even that will cost you).

We go every year for the shows, and everything in town is crowded (overrun). Not the best time to be there, unless you love crowds.

Anyone been to The Big Smoke? Never been to The Big Smoke, I am already excited about it.

So far, there might be 3 of us going (2 of my co-workers and myself) to the Friday, Nov 3, night only. One of my co-workers said there are free PREMIUM smokes to be given out by the vendors. They also said we only need to go to the first night, as it is usually the best of the 3 nights. Any truth to this?

I am going to the Chicago show. Your 200.00 ticket price includes around 20 semi-premium/premium cigars.

Damn, that's good enough for me. I just want to experience the ooo's and aah's of a cigar convention, and especially to meet some of the venders in person.

Now you are making me jealous!! I was reading about the last one in the CA mag - the cigars they give out would make it worthwhile just by itself, let alone meeting all those great people.

:cry: :? :evil: :m16: :m16: :uzi: :2guns: :fire: :biggun: :banghead: :banghead: :screw: :screw: :screw: :argh: :grumble: :shame: :2guns: :2guns: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :tomcat:

Have fun!!!

I'll be thinking of you. :evil:

The first Big Smoke in Vegas I netted 63 cigars. At that time the retail price on them ranged from $4.00 to $9.00.

The last Big Smoke I attended I netted 43 cigars.

Just did the Saturday night one. Back then it was $150.00, hours were 6:00 to 9:00. What are the tickets costing now? I did check prices for the rooms in the hotel its in,,,expensive to say the least.

$175 per night. 6:30-9:30pm

Yeah, rooms at the Venetian is expensive.

Capt:

Capt said:
I am going to the Chicago show. Your 200.00 ticket price includes around 20 semi-premium/premium cigars.
(couldn't find a thread on the Chicago '06 Smoke)

How was the Big Smoke Chicago '06?

My friends want to know:
How many smokes did you walk out with?
What were some of the smokes you received?
Any pics?

I'm really anxious to attend one of these, but I'm gonna wait until one comes a little closer to home.

Hope you guys have a great time!

I'll be there......

Most likely for both days....

I'm going on my own without the help of work...so my GF gets to go with me!! She finally gets to see a little bit of what I do out there on the road..... :wink:

It should be a good one... a lot of people go to the Vegas Big Smokes that don't normally go to the others...On the Manufacturer side of it anyway...

Doc-T said:
$175 per night. 6:30-9:30pm

Yeah, rooms at the Venetian is expensive.

The Venetian is absolutely magnificent. They have 2 pool/hot tub areas. The one closer to ground level is only open during the day. But at night there is one on the 14th or so level that looks like Roman gardens. There is a pool and two identical hot tubs that are perfect for having Cigars and drinks.

Thor,

I will be in Vegas for the Friday night event with 3-4 other friends.

Seeya there!