Lets get going.

Joined Feb 2006
2K Posts | 3+
Kelvin's House
Come on let gets this forum going. I roasted 6 batches of Blue Bell mountain to full city Monday. Anybody else roasting?

I'd love to roast my own coffee, but money and a lack of free time are making it hard to get started.

You know I was in the same boat. I just got my roaster, I read to many posts that said it was the best around. I will say that the first otulay of cash is a bit much. I bought the fresh roast 8 plus, with 6 half pound samples and an extra roasting chamber it was just over a hundred bucks. But other wise it is not bad. I think you get a better coffee cheaper. and at about 8 minutes give or tack a pot it does not take that long. I have enjoyed it so far.

Honestly, as many things as I "get into", i.e. cigars, scotch, guns, pipes, etc, I will leave the raosting to the professionals that do it everyday.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way Capt - guns and cigars eat up enough time/money.

I have some green coffee beans and have been (softly) looking for a year for an old air popcorn popper (with the vents on the side) that I read about on line. May just give up and buy a professional one. Any recommendations?

You guys roast your own beans? Hell, I just drink the swill you make from a can.

Not instant.

this is probably the only time you will ever see me post in the coffee section. i dont drink it.

i dont know why.

twoputts said:
I have some green coffee beans and have been (softly) looking for a year for an old air popcorn popper (with the vents on the side) that I read about on line. May just give up and buy a professional one. Any recommendations?

This is what I use. I really like it, I got an extra roasting chamber so I don't need to wait as long between roasts.

http://www.coffeebeancorral.com/Product ... oductid=FR

Thanks, Barcochris. I ordered on today with their special that included 1/2 lb samples of 6 coffeess. Should be fun.