Lighter

I get mine there as well.

As to Colibri, I have had a Quantum Belmont for the past year and a half or so, and have gotten great service from it. I took it apart every month or so and cleaned the mechanism and only used quality fuel. It still works and I use it on occasion, but the Z-plus gets used far more often.

As far as the Colibri fuel, it works well, but after switching to Vector, I had far less problems with my lighters. IMO, if anybody that uses Colibri switched, they wouldn't go back.

I recently switched from Colibri fuel to Lotus and have had very good results with it. My cigars have seemed to burn better.

Why does the quintuple refined work better than others? I use the el cheapo stuff from walmart and have not had any issues yet.

It may aslo depand on your lighter. Some gt clogged very easy and others do not have a problem. It is also recomened that all of the gas is epeleed from your lighter before you refill it. Read your owners manual to find out how to do that. It will keep a lot of the crap out of your lighter and extend the useful life of your lighter.

I just got my Xikar lighter. It is so easy to fill and to adjust the flame. The price was right too at only $20.

chrisguinther said:
I just got my Xikar lighter. It is so easy to fill and to adjust the flame. The price was right too at only $20.

I agree. I love my Xikar. Best lighter that I have ever had.

All torch lighters have failed me at one time or another. Some rather quickly, to my great disappointment. Price never seemed to be a factor. If I ever purchased another torch lighter, I would strongly consider an ST Dupont X-tend.

But, I doubt it will ever come to that. I exclusively use flint/soft flame lighters now. They are much less complicated and thus have less mechanisms to fail. My main lighter is a Colibri CEO Elite. I also have a Prometheus Barron and an ST Dupont Ligne 2. I like each of them, and particularly enjoy the large reservoir and fuel capacity window of the Colibri. I have beat it to heck over the past two years and it shows no sign of wear.

I use Vector fuel exclusively.

laxjb1 said:
i've had a prometheus single flame for over a year...still works very well. There was 1 night where it took a swim in my hot tub, that was about 6 months ago. After it had dried out the next day it was back to normal.

Sounds like Deja Vu...lol

Wife got me a Colibri a few years ago for an anniversary present and I've had no problems with it,thankfully. It's triple flame and seems to have a decent sized tank.

When I'm at home and it's not windy, I go old school and use two wooden kitchen matches to light up. Hold'em a quarter inch a part and I get good results every time. At a buck fifty for a whole box, price is not bad either.

-D

avgeek said:
When I'm at home and it's not windy, I go old school and use two wooden kitchen matches to light up. Hold'em a quarter inch a part and I get good results every time. At a buck fifty for a whole box, price is not bad either.

-D

Right on, I will always use a cedar spill if possible, lighter is for emergency use only.

I'd love to be able to do that--Its just so classy. I smoke in my car at work 99% of the time though, so its kind of hard to do.

I have a cheapo triple flame from my dad. It works great. No clogs and one hell of a flame. Gets cigars going in no time. I am pretty impressed with it.

Typically use matches when I'm smoking at home, but my favorite lighter was a present from my step dad, a St Dupont Gatsby in gold with black chinese lacquer - its 35 years old and still lights up every time! I use the red dupont gas and it works very well. As for refuelling, I smoke several times a week and haven't refilled it since October!

8)

The other important thing to remember is to purge your lighter of oxygen just before refilling it. Its a poor oxygen/fuel mix ratio that is the bane to most torch lighters.

I've got several torch lighters and only one of them works really well, the cheapest one. For pipes, my favorite was the Imco, but they only lasted a year or so before the went haywire. I mostly use my cheap single flame torch, but on occasion use a cheap butane or refillable soft flame butane. I've got plenty of wood matches, but don't like using them.
I have an Xikar that I've never been able to fuel.

Jeeva, you are a fount of wisdom my friend. Why don't you post in intro and join the forum!!