looking for humidor

Joined Mar 2005
109 Posts | 0+
zelienople. pa.
been looking at humidors for awhile, and have seen all kinds. ive decided on someting with multiple drawers and would like a 500ct. will settle on a 200-300 if i dont find it reasonable. none of my cigar retailers have what i want, so i must buy from others. i found 3 places, all in tampa, selling these. i have heard horror stories about thomsons, but they just put the one i want on sale for 99.00 also saw it at tampa humidor and humidor auctions. anyone have experience with these guys. or know where i can buy a humidor with shelves or drawers and in dark cherry?

I've dealt with Tampa Humidor 3 times and never had a problem. They have good customer service and even throw in a bottle of 50/50 solution. The best part is that I haven't gotten a single email from them that wasn't order related. Getting emails about cigars on sale is one thing, but I don't need any about humidors and other accessories.

e mail is easily deleted. thomsons wanted home and work phone numbers, and my yearly income. it is required info.

Annual income???? Now that is just wrong. You should simply be asked for a phone number for billing and one for shipping tops.

ya, they blew it there. i almost ordered it, and they would not process order without it. it was reg. 150.00 reduced to 99.00 and i found the same for 109.99 at humidorauctions. i will pay the extra ten bucks unless i find something i like better

Tampa Humidor is excellent. No problems at all. Purchased my first humidor at Thompsons and it sucked. Wouldn't hold humidity for more than a day or so.

Tampa Humidors is a great company. I deal with them on a semi-regular basis for some of my customer requests. They have very nice humidors that will not break the bank. The quality is extremely good for the price, and the variety of beautifully done humidors is excellent.
This one would fit your bill on holding amount, drawers, and quality.
[img=left]http://www.tampahumidor.com/sitedirector/images/site_images/HUM-300%203.jpg[/img]

thanks for tip, however, dont like the victorian look. i will continue looking for another week, then decide. what about humidorauctions? they have one, a little small but the style i want. it is a 3 drawer glass top mearuring 17"x12.5"x10"

jrinam,

FYI -

I recently purchased a Treasure Dome humidor measures 18x12x10.5, advertised will hold 250 to 300. When I rearranged my cigars this past Friday, it barely holds 150. (about half of them 52 ring, along with some corona and lonsdale.)

The one you are interested (17"x12.5"x10) may not hold as many as you would like, unless your cigars are coronas and lonsdales.