Looking to buy a 200 to 300 count humidor, help?

Joined Jun 2007
16 Posts | 0+
Northwest, IN
Hi all, this is my first post. I'm just now getting to enjoy the fine art of cigars and I want to get a nice humidor with a storage capacity of 200 to 300 sticks. It's so hard to tell the quality on-line. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Gary,
Welcome aboard!

I will give you an early warning, if you like smoking now, and plan on staying with us here on the forum(which I highly encourage), BUY A BIGGER HUMI!!!
I know, you are thinking that 300 sticks would be all that you could EVER need....well you WILL be wrong. May take 3 months, may take a year. But it will happen.
Look for posts in the cigar forum here by TravisMaine... He is DOOMED now! In like 6 months we turned him into a cigar ANIMAL!
He has ALL KINDS of smokes...he ran into the storage issue very early too!
Check out cigar.com , tampahumidor.com , and cheaphumidors.com

Good luck!
Rob

Brother Rob cound not be more correct. Go Big off the bat! I started out with a 50 ct, then a 100c, then a 300 count and I'm starting to look around for a really big mama already. Good luck!

I concur. I picked up a 100ct to begin with and it filled up FAST!! Added a small 20ct to pull my daily smokers out of and it was full the same day. I'm in need of something more like a 500ct as they add up quickly. If you do a search for "coolidor" it will give a great idea for a cheap and very effective large humidor. Cheers and welcome to the hobby.

I have 2 coolerdors and 4 desktops. There is no such thing as big enough.

My advice is buy one so big you think it is extremely excessive. I say this because in a matter of months your going to think its to small.

rmrdaddy said:
Look for posts in the cigar forum here by TravisMaine... He is DOOMED now! In like 6 months we turned him into a cigar ANIMAL!
He has ALL KINDS of smokes...he ran into the storage issue very early too!

why when ever this question ome up does Travis get pointed out???LOL

maybe cause he went from a 20 ct to a 1000 ct in a week.

i think the only way my humidor would be big enough is if i owned a cigar shop with a large walk in. even then, i would be short on space but im sure that id be able to cram more in somewhere

Most of us dont have room for a walk in. i would go with cheaphumidors.com. got mine from them and im happy with it.

Barcochris said:
why when ever this question ome up does Travis get pointed out???LOL

maybe cause he went from a 20 ct to a 1000 ct in a week.

I think it was a few months and it was 50 to 400 to 1200. The 1200 is very close to capacity at this point.

All -

Great feedback. OK, I'm going to take the group's advice and go for a humidor larger than I think I'll need. I found a 1,200 capacity one at cheaphumidors.com that I like. Really appreciate the feedback. I think this new hobby is going to end up costing me a lot of money over the long-haul. :wink:

Sounds like me with Guns!! :oops: :oops:

Had about 10-20 and got my FFL --- KATIE BAR THE DOOR! I have no idea how many I have now! :shock:

Amusingly enough, my 100ish has done me just fine. I'm not really a box buyer, so I don't have to worry about them. And if my humi is packed, I just don't let myself buy anymore until I make some room :) With the occasional exception for one-day deals on samplers and the like (that Alec Bradley mega sampler :) ) that might need to sit in my overflow tupperware humi for a month or so.

brennivin said:
Amusingly enough, my 100ish has done me just fine. I'm not really a box buyer, so I don't have to worry about them. And if my humi is packed, I just don't let myself buy anymore until I make some room :)

OK, so when did the cigar hobby have anything to do with self control?...lol:)

Buy BIGGER. In fact just go a head and start work on the Walk in...

elidog said:
Buy BIGGER. In fact just go a head and start work on the Walk in...

Now that's funny right there.

Speaking of the 1 day specials, I fell prey to the Cusano sampler of 15, then on checkout I went for the special offer they made for another 20 sticks. So, just like that I added 35 more cigars and I don't have anywhere to put them. This really is a sickness!!! Where's Dr. Phil when you need him?

Spider66 said:
brennivin said:
Amusingly enough, my 100ish has done me just fine. I'm not really a box buyer, so I don't have to worry about them. And if my humi is packed, I just don't let myself buy anymore until I make some room :)

OK, so when did the cigar hobby have anything to do with self control?...lol:)

When the hobbiest realises he has a bit of an issue with obsession and is prone to ridiculous and detrimental overspending :lol: