Lunica #200 natural aternative ?

Joined Aug 2005
23 Posts | 0+
My cigar of choice is the Lunica #200.It is out of stock every where.
Besides Macanudo,what are some other suggestions to try ?
Must be a natural .

Well, if you really like Macanudo you could try smoking some styrofoam. Or cardboard. Your choice really. 8)

Seriously though, try something off the Cusano line. They have a pretty good variety that won't break your pocket.

i have never had the #200 but if you elaborate on you preferences (strength, flavors, etc) i would be more than happy to help you get away from macanudos.

Yes,I have tried the M1 cusano's.No I do not like the macanudo's,but they were suggested by a friend who said they have similar taste :? .That is why I mentioned them.

The M1s are one of the budget Cusanos and they aren't very good in my opinion. Better than Macanudos but still pretty bland. Try the Cusano 18 if you like something mild to medium, the Cusano C10 if you like something medium, or the Cusano Corojo if you like something full bodied.

The C10 is a bit more expensive than the other two but worth it.

The C18's sound good.I like mild/medium flavor.
Will give them a try.

for a medium smoke i would suggest the padron 2000 also. im a padron whore so i have to throw it out there.

the p1 isnt bad, but the m1... i bought two several months ago to try them, the other is still in my humidor rofl

jihiggs said:
the p1 isnt bad, but the m1... i bought two several months ago to try them, the other is still in my humidor rofl

It's not terrible if you are in the mood for a mild spicy smoke without too much flavor.

There are a lot of Great cigars for $5 and under!! Cusano is a must!

To be honest I don't have too much experience with La Unica...but I am sure Cusano will have something to knock it out in the first round.....

Another great La Unica alternative is montesino napolean grande. It is a bundled cigar made at the same factory and is even more reasonable. Fuente makes a good mild dominican.

My other recomendation woudl be the Cigar.com Blue Label or the Sol Cubano Connecticut. I might be biased, but I love them both.

Capt said:
What's wrong with Macadoodoos?? :lol:

they're made from cardboard and dogsh!t

I'm not sure about the dogsh!t part tho, since the stuff probably has some flavor to it, nasty as it may be. :roll:

Wolfdaddy said:
Capt said:
What's wrong with Macadoodoos?? :lol:

they're made from cardboard and dogsh!t

I'm not sure about the dogsh!t part tho, since the stuff probably has some flavor to it, nasty as it may be. :roll:

haha..kind of like Mauwy Wowwy with alittle labrador... :lol:

bildo792 said:
for a medium smoke i would suggest the padron 2000 also. im a padron whore so i have to throw it out there.

me too...love those Padrons...2000 and 4000 are regulars of mine!

I like the La Unica's alot although I like the Maduro or the Cameroon ( if I can find them ) better than the natural. A very good alternative and comparable in price is the Flor de Oliva Gold.

Better than Macidildos and a hellava lot cheaper :D

Ahhhhh, La Unica!!! Last night I wasn't sure from the headline, because so many cigars these days have names that sound like and are almost spelled like others. I started smoking the La Unica #100's years ago, the one with the light Connecticut shade wrapper. When I have some cigar money, being as they are still only a bit over three bucks apiece with shipping, I'll go for some more. It's been a while. Montesino with the light Connecticut shade wrapper is nice too, and nicely flavored for a light cigar.

Bloofington said:
Montesino with the light Connecticut shade wrapper is nice too, and nicely flavored for a light cigar.

Back in my early days of cigars I would have plenty of Montesino Diplomaticos on hand in both natural and maduro. I'll still revisit them from time to time, and the consistency is still there...which is to be expected considering they are a Fuente product :wink:

If you can find the naturals for a good price you should grab them Big_Deel