Marrying new oils?

Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts | 0+
New Hampshire
I have a few medium sized humidors, all with dark camaroon wrappers. I just live the rich, sharp flavor. I was wondering if anyone had tried and marry certain oils through ageing. My wife is quite knowledgable when it comes to food chemestry and through it might be nice to try and marry vanilla, coffee beans, or hazel nut flavors. Any one ever try something similar?

Never gonna happen, sorry.

Welcome to the forum though. How about posting a little about yourself in the new members thread?

an I correct in thinking that you want to infuse the flavor by putting a container of the oil in the humidor. If the "oil" is pungent enough you may get a bit of the flavor in the cigar but you will also ruin your humidor.

what i was thinking is that if i were to lay a few dark coffee beans along the sticks, not the actual oils, but i really wasn't sure how it would effect the general quality of the stick.

Thanks for all of the input. How would I go about adding new information about myself? A couple tid-bits here... I'm a criminal justice student at Saint Anselm's College in Manchester New Hampshire. I can usually be found at Blowing Smoke in Bedford New Hampshire... a great cigar shop with hundreds of fine cigars and the staff is extremely knowledgable and does a great job of matching smokers to the right stick.

If you'd like to post a "here's who I am" note there's a "introduce yourself here" topic on the front page (forum home page)

BTW welcome

Welcome to the board from your neighbor over here in Vermont. I've never stopped at Blowing Smoke, but its always nice to hear about a good shop in the neighborhood. Next time I head to Boston I'll have to stop and check it out