Mixing cigars in your humidor...

Joined Apr 2005
141 Posts | 0+
UK
I have found in the past that putting different cigars in the same humidor can have a detrimental affect on the taste of the cigar. I was wondering if there are any rules about what types of cigar to keep seperated and what types are fine to sit together?

-James :?

as a general rule flavored cigars should never be kept with other cigars. as for like cigars together, the jury is still out on that.

I personally don't believe that cigars marry too much. If you're worried keep them in the cello, other wise don't stack them on top of each other. I tried to infuse some cigars (office experiment) with Godiva Chocolate Liquor, dried out the cigars, then put them in a humidor with an oasis filled with the booze. I Let it sit going on two months, and the cigars pretty much taste like the cigar, they only smell a little different...I think it depends on the tobacco too..

jhiggs is right, this is an ongoing debate....

Cigar makers put one crappy cigar in every box of good smokes.
Well only on boxes that will be sitting for a month or 2.
That gives them a chance to build good flavor! :roll:

Personally I do not believe cigars marry.
(I say that but would never put a flavor cigar in my humidor)
I've had sticks lay in ceramic jars together for 6 + months & they still taste like the type of smoke they should.

My cigars do not spend enough time together to get married. As the posts above state, unless its a long term relationship, Flovored cigars excluded, I would not worry about interracial marriages between cigars of different origans. As far as I know everyone who does long term storage (aging) does it with the cigars in thier orignal boxes, that in its self should keep the flavors true. So put your Maduros next to the Conn shade and don't worry about the results, too much!

I agree with the prior posts. Of course once a couple of good cigars marry, I am still awaiting the little babies. I really thought that marrying a Torano SIganature with a SHort Story Hemingway would net me a really great cigar with a nice cedar wrapper, dark maduro wrapper, and cool shape...still waiting :lol:

I tried some Acids about a year and a half ago. I liked the smell more than I did the smoke, so I put a couple of the poorly constructed ones (read unsmokable) in my humidor with the rest to give it that pleasant aroma. After a year and a half, I haven't noticed ay difference in my other sticks. Of course, I'm not putting an entire box of Acids in my humi - just a couple sticks. But all I get is exactly what I wanted - a pleasant aroma when I open the lid.

Just my buck-o-five.