Most restrictive smoking regs in the country

Joined Mar 2004
763 Posts | 0+
Gee I love how people want to regulate my life away :roll:

Washington passed a law that from my understanding now it will close cigar bars and no more smoking in cigar shops. You have to be 25' from any entrance or ventilation. Theres more, but I can't remember it all.

JHiggs, well I guess we can't go some place and get a beer and a cigar. We should hurry and get that beer before we can not have one of those in public. :evil:

I'm a firm believer in non compliance when it comes to curtailing of my freedoms... :twisted:

RAVYN said:
I'm a firm believer in non compliance when it comes to curtailing of my freedoms... :twisted:

Then you may want to visit Denver. They are about repealling restrictions.

Puff, puff, pass.

In NJ, they were talking about making it illegel to smoke while driving in your own car.

WTF??

Colonel can help here, but I believe that you can't have anything to smoke anywhere in Connecticut anymore! :shock: ...even outside!!! :shock: :twisted:

Friendship Heights, Maryland passed an outdoor smoking ban a few years ago, but then it was repealed, I believe. When Hitlary takes over with 58% of the vote, don't worry, it'll soon be illegal to smoke in your own home. There have already been test cases in certain apartment complex's in NYC.

Bobberrific said:
Alright, next sitdown is in front of the capitol building. Bring your lawn chairs and maybe make up some signs. But we'll be 25 feet away from the entrance. :wink:

I'm there. Instead of a sit in we can have a smoke in. :lol:

OK, seriously, I promise no more bad jokes for the rest of the day.

smoking

I'm relitivley new to smoking cigars and have never done it in a public building. I never knew that a "smoking section" was actually a, "you can only smoke cigarettes" section.

My wife and I found this out when we decided to smoke our cigars at applebees in their smoking section. We were the only people in the corner and the nearest person was 5 tables away. We lit our cigars, I took one puff, a waitress came over and told us someone was complaining about our cigars. I looked at her, I looked around, didnt' see anyone, let allone anyone that could smell the smoke from one puff. Anyway, because she was so nice about it I said ok and we put out our cigars.

I asked her why we had to if it was a smoking section and thats when I found out when somethign is a smoking section, it's only for cigarettes. I was kinda mad about that and never heard of it before.

My wife and I were really dissapointed because now winter is setting in and it's to cold to smoke outside, we dont' smoke in our house, and now it looks like the only place to smoke cigars is in a bar and we don't do the bar scene. I dont' know what we are going to do now. :(

Matt

im looking for a nice propane heater to put on my patio, then im going to enclose i nice section with clear plastic. that should be good enough to smoke in without freezing my balls off. damn martin, i say we do it anyway, make a stink if we get in trouble then leave. my house is only 8 blocks from tap house anyway. you can always smoke at my place redleg!

New to the Forums, but wanted to add an experience my buddies and I just had at the Airport Marriott in Philadelphia. We arranged to meet there for a business meeting (about 15 of us) and specifically confirmed that we could have steaks and gars in the lounge before confirming our plans. We arrive, ordered drinks, pulled out the cigars and an angry waitress (remined me of Big Nurse) told us no cigars. Cigarettes only. Called the manager, no dice. "Clearly policy is more important than customers."

Will avoid Marriott properties in the future.

RedLeg0811 said:
Gee I love how people want to regulate my life away :roll:

Washington passed a law that from my understanding now it will close cigar bars and no more smoking in cigar shops. You have to be 25' from any entrance or ventilation. Theres more, but I can't remember it all.

JHiggs, well I guess we can't go some place and get a beer and a cigar. We should hurry and get that beer before we can not have one of those in public. :evil:

We have the same thing in the next city up from me where I buy smokes if in town. The city passed a law that prohibits smoking in any indoor public establishment(including cigar bars/shops) and 25feet from entrances/exits. Several cigar bars had to close. There is IIRC one left, and they are paying the fine to keep the bar open.

USMC 6672 said:
In NJ, they were talking about making it illegel to smoke while driving in your own car.

WTF??

I heard some rumblings about this too, but I thought I must have been mistaken.

Thanks Jihiggs.

I live in Utah and this state has the laws and want more, dam thing is most of the voters will never ever enter any of the bars and clubs they want to regulate. Sure glad we live in the hills and have no neighbors.

R Rocks said:
I live in Utah and this state has the laws and want more, dam thing is most of the voters will never ever enter any of the bars and clubs they want to regulate. Sure glad we live in the hills and have no neighbors.

Haha.. you get to deal with the Mormons dont you...

Yes we do, at least once every month some body shows up on the front porch. And there I am cigar in hand. Nice folks but ya know what we live out in the middle of nowhere for a reason. Smoke um if ya got um.

There is a very interesting article in CIGAR Magazine about this topic and especially Mayor Bloomberg's Nazification of New York.