My 1st cigars

Joined Oct 2013
4 Posts | 0+
Indiana
Just ordered some AVO Classic #2 Connecticut Toro. Anxious to receive them and begin my cigar smoking experience. Starting with a mild smoke thanks to some kindly suggestions from a couple of experienced cigar guys here on the forum. Eventually, I expect to get to the medium-full & the full strength smokes. Meanwhile I hope to enjoy all of my journey to get there. Can't wait to enjoy a good cigar relaxing by the fireplace. We had our first freezing temps. here in Indiana this morning.

Starting with a good cigar (from what I hear). I have yet to smoke an AVO, but it's a cigar I have on my to buy list when I find the right price.

Try the flor de las antillas. But be careful to light it carefully, not to torch the heck out of it. Great price point too.

first smoke can be bad for newbies but when you will be old at this you can feel the real enjoyment of this cigar smoking.

My first cigar was a White Owl,,,preceded and followed by 8oz of JD,,,the same 8oz.That was a long time ago and I've learned to appreciate and consume both in a more mature manner.Currently my favorite smoke is a Felipe Dominica,,a bit mild for some but i enjoy them and that's what counts.

My first cigar was a Marsh Wheeling,,,, had it in a row boat with my Uncle riley,,,, we were fishing & I did the "Chumming" ..... but I loved it hahaha

Never had or heard of a Parodi,,,They any good ?
On another note,when I was stationed at Ft Campbell,Ky,I would carry my cigs with me on PT runs,,stuffed in my sock.We always formed up and policed the grounds after running,so I would pull out my cig and smoke while picking up trash.My XO challenged me on how I could smoke so soon after running,and then to prove how tuff he was he lit up his stubby cigar.I didn't have to clean that up..;)

Parodi and DiNapoli are small machine cigars, still available as of a couple of years ago. They were often called guinea stinkers and had a reputation of being very strong- tho I thought they were more or the mild side back when I did smoke them.
I've been to Clarksville, as my daughter's family lived there for several years.

I made the mistake of walking into a bar on the east side of Clarksville with a couple of squad mates,,,seems it was a bit racist and my buds were a bit tanned.That was a good fight,,,several bruises and multiple cuts and we couldn't leave post for a month.But they dropped the charges on condition that we didn't return to finish the brawl.Other than that Clarkesville was fun.