My 2nd Robusto / cigar ever!

Joined Apr 2013
17 Posts | 0+
New York
hello everyone, so last night i smoked my second cigar ever, i purchased 2 robustos, 5 inches, for $3 each, now my 1st one was decent, it wasn't anything big, it was my first time trying to toast it / light it... but the second one on the other hand... i must say was WAY MORE enjoyable then my first, i toasted it almost perfectly, it burned slow... and tasted ALOT better then i remember then my first one, one great trick that i did with this one that i didnt do the last time was i believe they call "purging" i blew INTO the cigar, about 3 times within my whole smoke, and i must say it was a great night, i had a nice thick cloud full of smoke, a great taste and a beautiful orange glow at the foot... i think im really hooked! i cant wait to try more! any tips on what cigar i should buy next? and where could i buy them from :) you guys are great !

Robustos are my favorite size. Depending on the brand and how tight they're wrapped, a robusto will last between 45 minutes and 1:15. This also depends if you are a slow or fast smoker. I have had am occasional robusto last over an hour and a half. A rule of thumb for me has always been that a robusto will last an hour. Glad you enjoyed the experience! The experience can make a bad cigar good, or a good cigar bad. Choose your smoke sessions wisely.

As far as what to try next? I can't really help you with that. I like very full cigars. I recommend that you talk to your local tobacconist and see what they say. Maybe try a good, medium body smoke. La Gloria Cubano wavell (robusto) is a good solid medium smoke and won't break your bank account. La Aroma de Cuba is another good medium smoke. When I first started cigars seven or eight years ago, I used to love to go to the cigar shop and randomly pick out 5 or 6 cigars. Don't be afaid to ask the tobacconist his recommendation. I would ask for a good medium cigar in the 5-6 dollar range. My bet is that he will pick a good one for you.

DL