My First Knob Creek

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Gahanna, OH
My wife and I went out to dinner last night. I had my first glass with some steamed mussels in a garlic and white wine broth. I added just a splash of water to open up the flavors, and it was excellent. I detected sweet flavors with honey and oak. I finished it up with a dinner of spinach-stuffed tilapia. I'll have to give this Knob Creek another try real soon.

About time MOOK! Awesome, glad to hear you liked it. It's one of my staple bourbons I absolutely love the stuff. In fact I've got an elbow poured right now...sans the H2O.

Staple indeed. Glad to hear you liked it. Knob Creek, STILL the best bang for the buck bourbon I ever tasted, and after nine years, holding strong at No. 22 on my all-time Top 25, and that's out of what, 85 bourbons tried, 83, something like that? I'll have to check, but it's well in to the 80's. Here's to Knob Creek!!!

I Love Knob Creek. I had a friend of mine drink some and they thought it was terrible. I told them to stick to there Jack Daniels. Not that I have anything against Jack Daniels.

Last Friday I had a knob creek manhattan (ok, you can mock me for the mnahattan; but I am getting to be an old man in my early 30's). It was by far the best manhattan I have ever had. Really really smooth. But I kept feeling like I should have had it neat instead. This is now tops on my list of bourbons that I have consumed.

Your the goods Dave! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: