My humidors and cigars

Joined Jan 2006
52 Posts | 0+
Ashburn, VA
I did not include my average everday smokes in my tupadors, but here is a glimpse into my addiction. I prefer to have the wrappers off the cigars as it is mor asthetically pleasing. I know damage can be done to the cigars and that is why I try to be as careful as possible.

(the unbanded cigar is a Pinar 3000, 100% Cuban, 100% legal)

Nearly every cigar in there is different as I like to open a humidor and see a nice buffet of cigars. In the large humidor i have 88 sticks, and in the smaller humidor I have 38 cigars for friends and yard work.

Large Humidor: Daniel Marshall Ambiente (100 cigars)
JR Humidor (40 Cigars)

Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• 285_8558 (512 x 384).jpg
    285_8558 (512 x 384).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 556
  • 285_8559 (512 x 384).jpg
    285_8559 (512 x 384).jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 557
  • 285_8561 (512 x 384).jpg
    285_8561 (512 x 384).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 556
Nice!

Was that a Mac Gold Label in there? :shock:

Nice assortment of sticks!

Good looking cigars, it's just too bad I can't smell them through the screen :lol:

continue

here are the other pics

Attachments

• 285_8553 (512 x 384).jpg
    285_8553 (512 x 384).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 535
  • 285_8560 (512 x 384).jpg
    285_8560 (512 x 384).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 535
  • 285_8563 (512 x 384).jpg
    285_8563 (512 x 384).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 535
  • 285_8562 (512 x 384).jpg
    285_8562 (512 x 384).jpg
    18 KB · Views: 535
oK I'M a newb so bare with me........I thought that putting sticks next to each other like that could cause blending of flavors?

nice collection btw

stick

it has been long debated whether or not cigars will marry. i say they dont and i think every one will agree, you have to have been smoking for like 20 years before you could tell the difference.

you have the humidifyer awfully close to the cigars, if i were you i would put a piece of plastic down on the cigars under the humidifyer. with no circulation and very little empty air space in that thing you could get a mold problem right next to those sticks.

jihiggs said:
it has been long debated whether or not cigars will marry. i say they dont and i think every one will agree, you have to have been smoking for like 20 years before you could tell the difference.

makes mucho sence to me...i feel better now :lol:

you have the humidifyer awfully close to the cigars, if i were you i would put a piece of plastic down on the cigars under the humidifyer. with no circulation and very little empty air space in that thing you could get a mold problem right next to those sticks.

I am new to this, but it looks like you could also move your sticks to the front of your humi, so that the humidifier is not directly over them.... someone else here will be better able to say if this is sound advice or not.

Very nice collection, and beautiful humis!

daniel marshall makes perhaps the greatest humidors in the world, and i have smoked countless from this humidor. They placed the device and i dont argue with people who know what they are doing. I have yet to smoke a cigar that is too most or too dry. They have been at a constant 70% since i placed my order for this humidor some 6 months ago.

Moving the cigars to the front wont do much good since the device is in the center of the top, therefore the difference would be the same. No matter the location, or the wrapper, marrying; it depends on the constant humidity and that is something i monitor consistently. I have worked for a tobacco shop and the guys that come over love what they see and i love what i taste, and really that is what matters. Perhaps a field trip; seeing, tasting, and feeling would make you all believers.

Nice selection dood. Can I have the Opus please?

If I'm not mistaken (and has anyone here ever known me to be wrong? No they haven't :) ) Pinars are not 100% Cuban. They claim to have a percentage of pre-embargo Cuban tobacco in them, but not anywhere near 100%.

Moving the cigars to the front wont do much good since the device is in the center of the top, therefore the difference would be the same.

Thanks, BMWhite, my mistake. I just thought it looked in the picture as though the humidification device was located down on the hinge side of the lid...

Big Paintbrush said:

If I'm not mistaken (and has anyone here ever known me to be wrong? No they haven't :) ) Pinars are not 100% Cuban. They claim to have a percentage of pre-embargo Cuban tobacco in them, but not anywhere near 100%.

Ask CastleCrest and Macallan. they are the ones who know Pinar.

from what i have read, they were imported in 59 or so, and the patriarch died. The leaves were kept for some years ( forty or so) until a court decided on the winner. They were then made into a cigar. Some pinars are only 40% cuban i believe. From what the man and the sign said, this was before kennedy made that fateful mistake.

Speaking of the embargo; there MUST be a good reason to keep it in place, or at least one that makes some logical sense, but I can't figure it out. (Is it because they are an enemy state only aprox 90 miles from the US?)

Big Paintbrush said:

according to this artical the 3000 is 100% cuban.......its the 2000 that is mixed

http://www.deweyavesmokeshop.com/cigars%20cuban.htm

an enemy of the state that cant do anything to us. How about an enemy called China with close to two billion people, still comunist, still spies on the united states, and still threatens our interests every year or so (Japan). Or perhaps Saudi Arabia which is extremely aggresive towards western ideology and christians living in the country. Do we not forgot where those guys were from who flew those planes a few years ago, or where the suspected mastermind was from. We trade with the nation who put the missles in Cuba, yet because of the strong Cuban vote in none other then Florida, our government continues a policy that has not worked and will not work. Lets get back to cigars and not mistakes the US government continues to make against a tiny island 90 miles away.