My wifes xmas gift

Joined Apr 2005
3K Posts | 0+
Machias Maine
My wife got me a triple flame lighter for xmas. I have head mixed reviews about these here and on the net. I must say I love it. It light a cigar with ease. No twisting to get the flame to cover the whole foot.
Just my two cents..

I got one of those as an Anniversary present a year and a half ago and I've been fortunate with it. I usually use matches at home, but out and around it's nice to have and seems to get good MPG.
-D

Triple flames are especially great when the weather is not. I use a single torch for general purpose to get better mileage.

I am not a fire purist. I'll use torches, matches, or whatever. I do enjoy a nice long match but never cedar splints. They are a great way to burn your shirt. (those embers are like magnets to nice shirts)

i loved my triple flame but i broke the ignition.

im still quite pleased with my Xikar single flame.

I have both a triple and a single. Lately, I've liked the results with my single flame better. I know, sounds strange.

chrisguinther said:
I have both a triple and a single. Lately, I've liked the results with my single flame better. I know, sounds strange.

Why? The triple seems to light more evenly across the whole foot to me. What do you get with the single flame that you like better?

I prefer the single flame also, I don't ever really let the flame touch the cigar, and I light it in my hand rather than my mouth. I find that the triple flames scorch the cigar more than the single.

Barcochris said:
I prefer the single flame also, I don't ever really let the flame touch the cigar, and I light it in my hand rather than my mouth. I find that the triple flames scorch the cigar more than the single.

Same here. While more jets will light the cigar faster, they impart more initial heat and potentially bad flavors. Plus they're sometimes difficult to use for touch ups, at least IMO.

That said, the Xikar dual flame torch I got from rmrdaddy seems to be a nice comprimise, though I'm still a little leary using it for touchups yet.