Myrtle Beach Golf Trip??

When's the SC sitdown?? Sounds good. I just did a little checking on houses vs condos on or near the courses. All depends on how many golfers we have. Can get a nice house 5-6 bedrooms for about $1000.00-$1500.00 per week. I personally prefer a condo near or on a course(s). I would rather play golf,go out to dinner and clubs etc and use condo for sleeping or lying about. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Well...

$1000 divided by 5 guys is pretty cheap....
How much are typical greens fees down there?

Made a call today to 2 different courses - Oyster Bay and Glen Dornoch. Their typical greens fees are about $100.00 per day with cart at that time of year. The good part about a package is that you pay one price for all your golf, carts, lodging and usually breakfast. I also called a realtor on a house I saw on the internet. Too much of a hassle for me - You have to sign a contract- pay a security deposit, cleaning fee etc etc. Clean the place up. If anyone else would like that responsibility- go for it. I'd be more than willing to book a few condos with golf etc already included, but I'm out on having to go through the house rental and then booking courses separately and all the rest that goes with that. How's everyone else feel?

acharpe said:
I just started playing golf this week, but hopefully by Spring, the ball will at least kinda sorta go the way I want it to. And even if it doesn't, if there's booze and cigars involved, it sounds like a plan to me. I'm in Charleston, so it's a couple hours up the road to me.

Same boat here. I just started learning how to play. Hopefully by next spring I'll kinda know what the heck I am doing.