need help, fast

Joined Apr 2005
182 Posts | 0+
Southern IL
hey guys, my buddy is getting married tomorrow. i made him some candlesticks already and was wanting to throw in some wine...i know nothing about wine, and they do. so i dont want to get something crappy, because they could be able to tell...
so what is pretty good in the 25 dollar range? if memory serves he likes dry white wines, but i could be wrong.
thanks guys

[oversized image removed by staff, please follow forum guidelines for image sizes allowed]

I know absolutely nothing about wine, but wine.com has a section on their site, 90+ scoring wines for under twenty bucks, that could be quite helpful.

Sorry shakes, I'm a scotch, bourbon whiskey man myself... But the Candlesticks are sweet bro! Definately

good call on wine.com man
for some reason, im sure i would never have thought of that

I'm also a scotch and cognac man. Just look around on the net, maybe you can get him something more 'in style'? Such as a shiraz or something. I hear those are pretty popular these days

since the wedding is soon you best bet is to hit the local shop. My personal favorite is penfolds shiraz Bin 28

20.00 a bottle and it is excellent but red.

thanks a lot guys, i ended up going with luna di luna (sp?)
its a white pinot grigio which ive heard good things about.
they loved the candlesticks as well.
that evening i enjoyed a la flor dominicana chisel...it was awesome as far as i can remember...the evening is a little patchy...i hear we all had a great time...... (open bar...)
when i get home ill post some pics

For 25 bucks I am sure you can get some phenominal wines, I know nothing of white wines though, barely the reds too.... :wink: