New B&M in my area

Joined Jun 2005
2K Posts | 0+
McHenry, IL
I'm not really sure where to put this, but I figured here was probably the best place. If not, feel free to move it and I apologize.

Anyways, I stopped in at my local shop tonight (not really local but the best in the area IMO and the only one I go to anymore), and got some great news. Kenny, the owner, is opening a new store in Lakemoor, which is only ten minutes or so form my house. I go through there almost every night for work. That part may be not so good for my boss :lol: , but great for me.

He showed me the plan for the humidor and dropped my jaw. Its going to be roughly 26x24 with an 8ft ceiling. The entire building is 2500 square ft. I know this is not really all that big compared to say, JR's or something, but for sticksville its huge. The store in Algonquin is about 1200 sq. ft with a roughly 10x12 humidor, which was the biggest around.

I'm so exited about this and really happy for Kenny. He takes care of his customers and really deserves this success.

The store is supposed to open the first of the year. I doubt that'll happen, but when it does I'll be there.

Oh; that BM. I thought this was going to be a disgusting thread.

phisherman said:
Oh; that BM. I thought this was going to be a disgusting thread.

I figured Barcochris or Rmrdaddy was going down that road. I am extremely disappointed in you Dave. :roll:

There is a new B & M opening soon (store is built, shelves are installed, and yes those are my nose and palm prints on the new store front glass) on the road I take to work each day!

So Justin, I feel your happiness too!

10 minutes from home would be nice. Its at least and hour drive to the nearest BM for me (leave it alone Rob).