New Hampshire ?!?

Joined Mar 2006
696 Posts | 0+
Central Jersey
I found out today I'm getting sent to New Hampshire for the weekend. I don't really know how to feel about that because I know nothing about the state. I know it's above Jersey and below Maine. If you asked 5000 people where they would like to go for the weekend, New Hampshire would not be amoung the answers. Do I have anything other than a wasted weekend to look forward to?

I don't know what part of New Hampshire you'll be in, but if you're anywhere near Seabrook, there's a CAO cigar tasting event at a place called Two Guys' Smokeshop on Saturday the 9th.

What do you mean getting sent there? Will you be traveling on your own? If you can go up towards mount Washington area, VERY SENIC !! very nice to see. have lunch in the Woodstock inn. I believe that's what it's called. Please, please if you can, stop by MYSTIC Conn. And have a seafood lunch or dinner there. I hate seafood, but I'll eat almost anything in mystic sea port. Take some good cigars, and enjoy the nice scenery. I love it up there.

Would not want to live there though, way to cold for me. enjoy

I will be on business and therefor not have much time to myself. I'm headed to the bedford area. I'll have to catch some crab on the way back. i haven't had good seafood in some time.

Where is this "New Hampshire" place you speak of? I don't think I have ever heard of it.

New Hampshire is very nice, and there is lots of tourist thngs to do. I'm not sure where Bedford is, but there are many really nice cigar shops in the state. There is also a few Brewerys you could visit. I think the Harpoon Brewery is in the south western part of the state. Go to http://www.yellowbook.com and do a cigar search for NH. You should enjoy yourself. Its not like your being sent to a 3rd world country, and you CAN drink the water. :D
gary

I'm glad to hear all these things about this place nobody knows, because I hope to end up in New Hampshire 8-10 years from now. It sounds exactly like the place I want to be; nobody wants to move there, nobody wants to vacation there, and most everyone's never heard of it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

New Hampshire is our little New England secret. All of you tourists are welcome to Cape Cod but leave NH and Vermont alone. Hope to retire to NH soon.

The mount washington area is beautiful. Lots of outrdoors stuff to do. Sorry Adam, but ther is not much in Bedford. If you are driving home on Sunday give me ring and stop by the house. I'll be around or at least real close by so you can give the car a rest and have a good drink and a smoke. Drop me a PM if your up for this.

Capt said:
Where is this "New Hampshire" place you speak of? I don't think I have ever heard of it.

I hope you guys didn't take me seriously. :lol:

phisherman said:
The mount washington area is beautiful. Lots of outrdoors stuff to do. Sorry Adam, but ther is not much in Bedford. If you are driving home on Sunday give me ring and stop by the house. I'll be around or at least real close by so you can give the car a rest and have a good drink and a smoke. Drop me a PM if your up for this.

Thanks for the offer, but I have business to do Sunday that will take me most of the night. I'll be driving back to Jersey Monday morning to be at work here at noon.

Just so you know Capt.....I'll let you know if there is a state there when i arrive.

Being there for two days does nothing to convince me there is anything there. Luckily I spent 28 hours of those two days doing the job I was there to complete. What can I say....

The Target and Bed Bath attached to the movie theather was considered to be the local 'mall'

EVERYONE is white.

Pickups outnumber cars 4:1, same ratio as country music stations to everything else.

325,000 buys you a 2 acre lot with a house that would cost 800,000 here.

The locals are freakishly cheery, I actually had a waitress ask me if my food was scrumptious.......twice.

I'm just glad to be back on good ole Jersey. It was nice to get flipped off three times between the Parkway and Rt1. Problem is that i did a good job and think I will get sent back in a few months :shock: