New Herf-a-dor: Setup

Joined Dec 2007
2 Posts | 0+
I bought my husband a herf-a-dor for Christmas along with 5 A. Fuente Hemingway Short Story cigars. As he was inspecting the case, he asked how he needs to take care of the box and the cigars :x (we are both terribly new to cigar smoking). Any help on starting off would be greatly appreciated.

Just a F.Y.I-it's the herf-a-dor by Humi-care-and we haven't done anything to the case except for opening it to look at it.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Elaine,

I have a Herf-a-dor 5 count and an Otterbox 10 count. All I do is put PG solution into the sponge (credo) before I leave home. I'll let the sponge absorb all that it will and then I let faith take over. I used my 10 count over Christmas for a few hours and had not used it for about 3 weeks prior. By the time I got to my destination and opened it, my cigars were fine. No set up required except filling the sponge with PG or distilled water. Hope this helps!

Dustin

i spritz my humidifier with distilled water, or i drop in some 50/50 soution, either is suitable. Any excess water you see overflwoing above the plastic of the humidifier, i dab away with a paper towel....you done...that will keep for a couple days even. those herfadors are air tight so, depending how often you open, it could stay perfect inside there for days. Those are black, so keep them out of direct sunlight...they will roast your husbands cigars in a hurry...if your new to cigars, our cigar 101 section has a lot of helpfull info here on the forums, as well as http://www.cigarstudent.com/. Welcome to the forum!

Hatchetman said:
...if your new to cigars, our cigar 101 section has a lot of helpfull info here on the forums, as well as http://www.cigarstudent.com/. Welcome to the forum!

for a moment i thought this post wanst by you. I thought to myself
"that IS a great place to learn about cigars"

then i saw it was you. and i thought to my self "nice plug"

WOOHOO

Thanks so much for the help! I've got it all set up and now he's good to go.

One of my co-workers brought back a Short Story cigar for each of us when he was on vacation in San Francisco, at the reccommendation of his best friend. We absolutely love them~but I'd like to branch out a little bit. The shorter 30-minute-cigars seem to work out best time-wise, but we're up for trying anything. Any suggestions for a couple of newbies? :p

Thanks again for the start-up help!!

I keep my Herf-a-dor inside my coolidor, that way when I need it, the humidity is already right where I want it. Any Elaine, whatever you do, do give out your address to these guys. They're crazy. I like them, but they're crazy :lol:

Elaine,

The 5 Vegas Shorty (pronounced Cinco Vegas) is a good 20-25 minute smoke. It is a long filler with a cameroon wrapper. Plenty of flavor and body. They come in tins of 8 and can be found at most on-line cigar stores.

Dustin

The 5 Vegas Gold is a nice starter smoke. But honestly if you like the Fuente Short Story your already on the right track. The Don Peppin stuff is really hot right now as is Tatuaje. My favorite non Cuban smoke is the Ashton VSG Illusion or Scorcerer. Gosh I love those smokes!

Welcome to the leaf sister!

Guys hold on....

DO NOT PUT ANY WATER IN A OTTER BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if it is for a short trip they do not need anything. The seal is so tight if you put any solution it will over humidify your cigars.

I have had cigars a month in there with no ill affects...