New review

Joined May 2013
11 Posts | 1+
Alabama
So I'm new to forums been smoking for two years. I want to right reviews because I enjoy them so much and want to discribe them in words. I'm a consumer who enjoys smoking and do it as a hobby and passion. I know I'm not a pro but please take a look. This will be 1st of many posts to come if I get positive feedback. Picked this cigar because I had a friend tell me about it and it was hard to find. Took 1 week to find and 1 week to get it in the mail from Kentucky. Enjoy!

Iconic Leaf Recluse

Vital Stats:

Vitola: Robusto
Length: 5.0"
Ring Gauge: 52
Country of Origin: The Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro
Binder: proprietary binder
Filler: Dominican Cuban seed criollo 98
Factory: Tabacalera Leyendas Cubanas T.L.C in Santiago Dominican Republica
Blender: J.R Dominguez
Number of reviewers: 1 ----- raiburn513
Price: $6.75
Age: 2 years done in Entubao the old school Cuban way of rolling cigars

Initial Impressions

Appearance: 94

"Firmly box pressed, and pretty average looking. No major veins, no major cosmetic flaws. Not bad."

Aroma: 92

I detected mostly floral notes and hay with subtle hints of cocoa. It was almost "sweet". The pre-light draw was very easy, almost too easy.

Construction: 96

"Nice and tight construction with no soft spots. The cigar appears well rolled.

First Third

Flavor: 93
Strength: Medium
Body/Complexity: Medium

"Cocoa, tea, tobacco with a light pepper on the retrohale. Not overly complex, but pleasant."

"First few puffs are surprisingly creamy. I'm definitely getting the hay from the initial aroma. It has some sweetness to it, but is balanced overall. Much lighter than I had expected, but I like it. As the third progresses, I'm getting a lot of nuttiness, sweet cream, and sort of a barnyard-y character. It isn't very complex, but it is very pleasant. At the back end of this third, i'm starting to pick up some savory notes...almost a roasted meat flavor, with a bit of toasted nuts."

Second Third

Flavor: 94
Strength: Medium

"The ash fell at the beginning of the second third and the smoke is very prominent and creamy. The spices stand out much more. So far so good."

"Oh, hey, there's some spice here....cinnamon, clove, cracked black pepper...not overwhelming at all. It's more in the back of the throat, while the front of the draw, and the exhale/retrohale are still on the creamy side, although with a marked decline in sweetness, which isn't a bad thing. As it goes on, the retrohale is starting to really pick up on the peppery notes, while its still creamy and nutty/meaty on the palate. can't really explain it but to say it reminds me of acidity in a wine... there's this sharp, bracing note in there that helps to balance out the richness of the stick quite well. The ash on this has held like a champ, and only dropped once"

Final Third

Flavor: 92
Strength: Medium-Strong

"The sweet chocolate flavor transitions in a dark bitter chocolate."

"While they aren't as prominent as during the second third, the spices are very much still present but begin to taper off and subtle hints of cocoa show great flavor.

Overall Impressions

Draw: 94

"Draw was slightly snug which is the way I prefer it."

Burn: 94

"Nice even burn all the way through, ash not very tight and couldn't hold for longer than a half inch or so."

"Excellent burn, no relights or corrections needed. Excellent ash retention."

Overall Experience: 93
Overall Strength: Medium-Strong
Overall Body: Medium

"Reliable and enjoyable, well made, and tasty. Certainly awesome! The complexity was above-average and left me wanting more. It is definitely one that any cigar connoisseur would love to have a few of in the humidor for their regular rotation. This cigar was fantastic."

Smoking Time (in minutes): 83

Total Score: 94 (Very Good)

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you guys I rely appreciate the feedback. Recluse is a great stick and I support them. Other cigars I've smoked recently are the my father #1 which was awesome! I look forward to writing a review on that soon. Until next time!

Now I see my confusion-apparently Raiburn513 and Prestonh204u are the same person ?

Thank you guys I rely appreciate the feedback. Recluse is a great stick and I support them. Other cigars I've smoked recently are the my father #1 which was awesome! I look forward to writing a review on that soon. Until next time!

Why do you have two profiles?

DL

No actually if u see at the top of the review it has my name to. That is my friend and I'm the one who told Preston about the cigar. I helped a little with the review about recluse.

Last edited:
Very well written! Now I have to try a recluse! By the way what is Entubao? Didn't know the Cubans had a certain way of rolling? And who am I asking? Preston or raiburn? Lol

I've seen this cigar in North Carolina but never smoked it. What I do remember about the recluse cigar is that they had about 10 different sizes, one caught my eye that was shaped like a canoe. The guy at the shop said it was a specialty size that nobody else has the rights to. Interesting but didn't buy it because I already had 4 other cigars I was buying.

Thanks for clearing that up raiburn513. Chrimitt91 next time your in the shop try a recluse promise you'll like it sir. And no I we don't work for recluse I'm just new to reviews and wanted to share. I'm working on the next review so I look forward to everybody's input. Raiburn513 will not be helping on this one. Lol