New To Cigars - Any Suggestions???

Joined Feb 2005
4 Posts | 0+
Alberta, Canada
I hate to admit this, but cigars have been something I have been interested in for years, but never got into. With my wife's urging when we were on holidays in Cuba (I am Canadian) she insisted that I purchase a humidor. Once we bought a humidor, the guillotine, and torch lighter, we needed to put someting in it. So we purchased a box of Montecristo Edmundo's and a box of Cohiba Esplendidos.

I don't really know the "do's" and "don'ts" of good cigars. I have found out that you are supposed to re-hydrate the humidor, which I have now done. I have used distilled water and propylene glycol solution for cigar humidificaiton. And I know that the humidor should be kept at about 70% humidity.

Beyond this the only other thing that I know is that I enjoy the taste of cigars (and my wife enjoys the smell on me). Does anyone have any suggestions or comments that a newbie should know or be aware of?

Yes box up your cigars and send them to me :D Just Kidding

You have quite a good stash from the sound of it. With cubans ideal humidity is closer to 65% Dont worry about cigar solution so much as just using good old distilled wanter. Make sure you keep your humidor around 70 degrees F and you should be fine.

Enjoy

Welcome! :D

nice stash indeed! :shock:

you certainly picked some good sticks to start with. other than the storage tips that Macallan and Tweed have taken care of; there's not much else.

just try as many different cigars as you can to find your likes and dislikes. different sizes, shapes, and countries of origin. each bring something new to the table. you are on the right track for sure.

and take advantage of the fact that your spouse is more than encouraging! it helps!! :wink:

8)