Off Topic: Phat Ride

Joined Nov 2005
41 Posts | 0+
Nazareth
:shock: :?: What kind of nice ride do you have and what mods have you done to it thus far or have yet to put on?

As for me:

94' Chevy Beretta
2.2L I4 5Spd
Custom Cold Air Intake
Headunit
2 AudioBahn 10" in ported box
222watt amp
GTU body kit
GT wing
Matrix-X muffler
LED Signals on tail-lights

That's all for now, just trying to upgrade my amp so I can push my 600watt RMS subs.

Who's next and what is done to your ride?

Well, back before digital cameras, I had some pretty kick a$$ hot rods...and a couple of nice 4wds...

My best was a 73 dodge challenger 340...maxxed out ...
ran flat 12 sec quarters in complete street trim...with some sticky tires and open pipes and some chassis tweeking ...high 10s...

man...never should have sold that :( :cry:

told the wife I wanted to build another rod....she threatened me with the rolling pin.... :lol:

I do apologize for my terminolgy. Tend to forget where I am posting, no offence of age or anything. I guess not everyone is up to date with younger adult lingo (language). Hey, even if it's a classic or street rod, post about it.

My dream is to re-build a Classic Plymoth Road Runner. I'd like it to be barely street legal when I finish it. Although, that dream will wait till after I get my Lexus IS300 and that will get completely done up. Just imagine a Lexus IS300 twin turbo! That's a spine shacking thought, lots of power. Anyways, i'm whoring up this thread, sorry everyone.

Continue with your rides!

RAVYN said:
told the wife I wanted to build another rod....she threatened me with the rolling pin.... :lol:

That would make a nice shift lever...........after you sand out the blood stains.

'71 Chevy Impala
383 stroker
chevy bowtie cast iron angle plug heads
custom pistons/rods/crank/cam
pair of hooker headers with V flanges
flow-thru mufflers
Weiand 871 blower
Edelbrok nitrous

Too much to list everything, but there is the "meat n taters"

Put her into the wall last drag season. I blacked out from too many g's .

Right on syntax!! sorry to hear about the black out, but that's when you know your not making white puffy cumulous and your sticking good rubber to pavement! Love to see some pics of that ride

my best was a 67 ss camaro bored 30 over edelbrock high rise intake, cast pistons and rods, B and M 5500 ( I believe) blower, MSD 6btm ignition,Hurst rock crusher 4 speed with line lock, 4:11 rears, A set of Micky thompson wrinkle wall slicks for race day, crager 5 spokes for street and running turbo blue for strip.

Sold the thing to go to college...Oh well, wish I still had it!

Currently we own a 2001 A4 with 18.5" speedy Rims on goodyear zr's,soundstream 701,orion hcca 250,2 soundstream SSR12" subs, Elemental 6500's

2005 Nissan Armada bone stock except the newest addition of a Volant Gen 3 cold air intake as of this week!

All at once in their best homer voice."BORING" :roll:

Unfortunatly, I destroyed all of my pictures of it. I think I have one picture around here somewhere of it from the day that we bought the car.
I got severely depressed after that happened. At the time, I wanted to work my way up to NHRA racing with massive sponsers and stuff. I blacked out from ~870HP/~1000ft/lbs tq, and knew right then I wouldnt be able to race professionaly. My dad and I had been building that car since my 7th grade year in middle school (graduated now, Class of 2005). Started off restoring it and then decided to start racing so made obvious modifications to do so. Slowly building it up to get where it was. Stupid me didnt bother to take it out before Q day(finished the nitrous installation and tuning 3 days prior) and see what she was capable of. If I had, I would still have the car.

Syntax, I'm sorry to hear that my friend...That's definately a major disappointment. My camaro was puchased when I turned 15 and we restored it till I was 18. I actually refused to get my drivers license until I finished the car, so, I took it for a few spins during the building process, but took my drivers test in a 820 hp camaro with a 50 lbs clutch spring which made finess very difficult! I barely passed! squeeked the tires make a 90 degree right turn from a stop sign to return to the office....Seeing the state trooper have to click up in a 5 point harness to secure his seatbelt was hilarious!

Lol. I too took my DL test in my baddie. We had just installed a detroit locker rear end, and everytime we took a turn, the dude was like WTF IS THAT.

Right on! Well then you know what I speak of. The funny thing is the cop was like, " you aren't going to be racing this are you?" and it took all my will not to bust out laughing...."No sir, the blower hanging out of the hood makes my gas mileage much better thanks!"

Eclipse_man said:
Right on! Well then you know what I speak of. The funny thing is the cop was like, " you aren't going to be racing this are you?" and it took all my will not to bust out laughing...."No sir, the blower hanging out of the hood makes my gas mileage much better thanks!"

Haha, yeah. Cars are my life. Workin on a truck right now. 01 Dakota 4.7 4wd. Startin small with it, gonna see how I like it.

I hated mine! I had a 99 4.7 magnum 4x4 and a 5.2 manum Durango...So glad I got rid of them, much happier with my 5.7 Armada. Good luck with the truck, watch out on the tranny, they used a plastic composite material for the gears in the transmission to supposedly make it "quieter" Dropped 2 in the truck in a year and 3 in the Durango....

Eclipse_man said:
I hated mine! I had a 99 4.7 magnum 4x4 and a 5.2 manum Durango...So glad I got rid of them, much happier with my 5.7 Armada. Good luck with the truck, watch out on the tranny, they used a plastic composite material for the gears in the transmission to supposedly make it "quieter" Dropped 2 in the truck in a year and 3 in the Durango....

Hmm.. I havent heard about that. I can barely hear my stereo in it, so noise isnt a big deal lol. Those flowmaster American Thunder series are loud as hell with just a 6in turndown on them lol. Had a pair of headers installed (never replaces the cat., we dont have emmissions tests here in KY, and had the sensors flashed out of the computer :twisted: ) and a pair of those installed. I didnt feel like trying to get down in that TINY engine compartment. The full exhaust system and a K&N EFI cold air intake is all I have done so far. Gonna read up on the tranny and the rear end, and see about getting a chip and a small street roots supercharger around march next year.

So Syntax, with that much HP, what rear end were you running? How many spline axles? 4-link or traction bar? Coil over or airbag?

9" 35spline 4.11 DL (still wanted to drive it on the street)
TBS
drag springs all around
bags in the back

Anything else?

1998 Mazda Protege LX Sedan. Spray painted stock hubcaps, taped up right turn signal, nearly bald tires, "screaming" tranny, 4 banger, touch up spray paint job, and a bad catalytic converter. But I did decal the brake lights! :D :lol:

Why put money into it when I can get more cigars?

I am saving up for a new Pontiac Solstice though.