Oh, my.

Joined Jul 2004
2K Posts | 0+
Southern AZ
I tried another blend from SWilson, the Cornell &Deihl #972, in the Aldo Valani bulldog (?) pipe. Oh my, that was goood. Easy smoking, tasty as all get out, mellow, loved it. Two faves so far, #972 and Sunset Harbor. My wife said she noticed something else, since I switched to a pipe - my heart is slower at night. Nothing I would notice, but she said she can feel I have a lower heart rate when I go to bed.
I enjoy this pipe, oh, heck, I like 'em all! The bent apple is neat, too, can stand up on it's own.
Dumb question - pipestand. I think I should build one for when I BBQ so I don't have the pipe fall over when laid down. Do a lot of people use them?
I am off for the rest of the week...looking forward to trying a few more blends tomorrow!
I never looked forward to a cigarette, just something to fuel the nictoine rush, or stick in my mouth, but I really look forward to a pipe. Hard to think negative things with a pipe going... 8)

armoredman said:
I Dumb question - pipestand. I think I should build one for when I BBQ so I don't have the pipe fall over when laid down. Do a lot of people use them?

im not sure this i what you ment. http://www.pipetobacco.com/page/pipet/CTGY/stand

i think this is more along the lines of what you are talking about.

http://www.310pipe.com/PIPES/accessories/019F.JPG

im not familiar with the second site but the first one i like.

as far as the heart rate thing goes...
it makes sence. Cigaretts CAUSE stress (medicly speaking) and pipes and cigars MELT stress. they make you sit down and relax. both pipe and cigar smoking are more attention oriented actions. and they take a while, slowing you down, and relaxing.

i thought i heard somewhere that people who smoke a pipe or cigars (in moderation of course) tend to live longer.

i cant prove it but id like to perpetuate that thought.

Yes, the second one, (clever fish!), is what I had in mind. And I do hope it does promote longer life!
That brings me to a question - how to properly store pipes when not in use, to prevent damage, etc? I just lay them in the pipe drawer after cleaning, is that OK?

i dont do anything special with mine. just on a shelf when not in use.