Oh yeah, I forgot to list a new coffee . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
now being offered by Oren's in NYC starting a few months ago. I have bought more than one pound of this intriguing new item since it first appeared in those huge and beautiful glass jars that this fine and friendly establishment keeps their Oh, So Freshly Roasted Whole Beans in, . . .

Nicaraguan Strictly High Grown.

When I purchased my first pound from Oren's concession in The Marketplace At Grand Central, located of course in New York City's world famous Grand Central Terminal, I told the young man behind the counter that if it was anywhere near as pleasing as the cigars I've had containing Nicaraguan tobacco that I was sure to be pleased.

The Nicaraguan Strictly High Grown coffee does not disappoint, and vaulted immediately to a very high and honored place among my favorite coffees. If you get a chance to try any Nicaraguan coffee, by all means make sure you do. I'll bet you like it. Something about the sun, soil and water there I'm sure, as there is with so many areas of the world.

To tell you the truth, it really is a blessed world when you think in terms of agricultural products, and I'm blessed to be swimming in these forums discussing such unique, varied and special agricultural products as coffee, cigars and spirits. I marvel at the different products from all the different regions of the world, and how certain regions seem to be so perfect for certain products.

I am reminded time and again of my trip to Puerto Rico in the late summer of '98 to my father's farm, and how my late Uncle Oscar pointed to the canepa tree in front of my Dad's house and said "the BEST canepas in Puerto Rico" and he stated it for emphasis again and repeated it again in conversation after that. And this was a man with an adjacent farm of his own and a house that used to also serve as a local general store and mail collection facility just a mile or less down the road toward town with two or three canepa trees in front of his own house!!!

Having tasted both, I had to admit my father's were somewhat better. Go figure. The Wonderful World of Things You Can Eat and Drink.