ok first real question

Joined Jan 2005
14 Posts | 0+
North Texas
I was in Cozumel this summer and enjoyed some Habana's.(Partagas,R&J,Cohiba,Monticristo) around 12 sticks. I didn't see much difference or supremacy over the Dominican counterparts. Am I just too green on taste or do others who have had the opportunity think Cubans are no longer the end all of smokes. I did have the chance to smoke on older pre Castro maduro torpedo "no label", and it was nice (creamy,woody,hint of coffee,wrapper was dark choc.nice oils . need i say the burn was even,).
I think the Dom. Seeds are now caught up with Cuba in my very humble limited opinion.
OH and i know about the fakes they try to sell. I think these were legit ,as I had pretty good source.

Double check the source of these cigars. If they tasted dominican they very well could have been. Counterfits are all over the place these days.

However, if they are authentic it could just be that the quality of cubans has gone down over the past 3 years. Next time you are down there, try one of the limitadas, it holds more of the 1990's cuba characteristics of quality.