Old Grand-Dad 100 BIB

Joined Sep 2005
847 Posts | 0+
Newport, RI
On a whim, I decided to pick up a bottle of this. I'm currently drinking it with an Oliva Serie V Lancero. I am very pleasantly surprised by this bourbon. The rye in it is very evident, with some orange peel flavor and a very long finish. The 100 proof gives it some bite and it pairs well with a medium to full bodied cigar. Looking at the bottle, it seems like it belongs on the bottom shelf, but don't let its looks sway you. It is definitely a quality bourbon that I will keep in stocked in my liquor cabinet. Give it a try! :thumbsup:

Having thoroughly enjoyed a couple bottles of OG114 a few years ago, I'm sure the bonded is very nice as well. Folks, don't give an old man the cold shoulder. The Old Grand Dad line is reasonably priced, and although I've only had the 114 proof, I've heard good things about the whole line.

No sign of the 114 here to my knowledge, though I may have to do a more thorough search to make sure. As much as I enjoy the BIB, I'm going to have to grab a bottle of the high proof stuff!

I'm a fan of rye, being a Maryland boy (pre-prohibition, MD was the rye capital of the US). The rye bite in OGD 100 is quite evident and pleases my palate nicely. +1 for the OGD!